Do you have any idea ???

Thanks

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
If it makes your computer run slow, then why not uninstall it?

P

Plexx

SAS shouldn't cause slowdowns even on real time, although real time mode does increase its use.

A solution can be very light on one system while heavy on another.

My suggestion, uninstall using IObit uninstaller (free), reboot and install SUPERAntiSpyware again (brand new download).

My more professional suggestion is: give up on SUPERAntiSpyware and replace it with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

S

starchild76

Biozfear said:
SAS shouldn't cause slowdowns even on real time, although real time mode does increase its use.

A solution can be very light on one system while heavy on another.

My suggestion, uninstall using IObit uninstaller (free), reboot and install SUPERAntiSpyware again (brand new download).

My more professional suggestion is: give up on SUPERAntiSpyware and replace it with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

biozfear is absolutely right on this point s.a.s. whas good a couple of years ago , but now way out performed by mbam and emsisoft antimalware ( also a free on demand version available ) which makes s.a.s. absolete best to remove and replace with mbam!!

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I have only tried SAS years back but I always come back to MBAM.Personally I use MBAM with no real time protection and have never had problems.There is never anything better than a fresh install of something and agree with Biozfear,using iobit or revo uninstaller to remove all traces and a fresh install might make a difference but personally I would go with MBAM

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
SAS is well past its prime IMO. Unless they do something like what symantec did with norton, I feel its going down. Malwarebytes is the new king!

Payback

Verified
Jan 7, 2013
InternetChicken said:
Hi obada321
SAS is poor at detection and poor at prevention
I would not waist my time with it,

Yeah...their logo is actually false...'remove spyware,just easy ones' suits more...

Anyway,yeah...I agree with Biofear,I do not use SAS cause as they said,poor at detection and poor at prevention...unless you use your PC once in a month

ultradolby1

Verified
Nov 8, 2012
...I used to have an issue /w/ memory usage creeping higher & higher, then next reboot it would be normal & start over. I use Process Explorer to monitor it from the sys tray. The reason is, (mostly 3rd party programs & apps) don't return memory to the pool, so it climbs, leaving you less & less available RAM as time goes on. There's plenty of memory management tools out there but I prefer "UPHClean" from Microsoft, it works well in my XP. - Vista & 7 are supposed to have it built in so it shouldn't happen with those. If you use XP, I would recommend it, but only the original v1.6 - I had trouble /w/ the 2.0 beta - wouldn't recommend it. Weather you end up using the SAS or not, it should do the trick. It was originally developed to unload user profile hive to enable faster cleaner shutdowns (which it does), but, I find it works in real time to keep my RAM usage as stable & low as after a fresh reboot. - here's some reads...

http://forum.scottmueller.com/viewtopic.php?t=66

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6676

Merebear1101

Verified
Jan 16, 2013
I use to SAS a long time ago on my laptop and desktop. It was good at first. Then I started having problems with it. So I just uninstalled it. My laptop and my desktop worked better. If I was you would just uninstalled it.

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
The original poster hasn't been here in over a month.
Why do people keep resurrecting all these dead threads :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.