Advice Request Windows 7 curser jumps all over when typing text.

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
It may be something as obvious as the base of the hands bumping against the touch pad. This used to happen to me,:oops: and it took me a while to figure out why!:mad: When the touch pad is activated this is something that can easily happen especially while typing.:confused: If, in fact, this is a lap top with a touch pad we're taking about, make sure it is de-activated.:rolleyes:;)

Last edited:
Reactions: user and Koroke San

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thanks Cats-4_Owners-2. How do I deactivate the touch pad? Yes, this is a lap top. I had heard that this was a common flaw with Windows 7.

Hello StillLearning. Bumping on the touch pad can happen just as easily if one's lap top has Windows 8.1 as it can if they're using Windows 7 (YES) ..I know..!!:mad: :p:D Go to the very bottom of your keyboard where you'll see the "FN" key below the left shift & Z keys. Hold the "FN" key while simultaneously pressing the one (F1 through F12) key at the top:rolleyes: which displays the corresponding symbol for your touch pad.;) For our Sony it's F1 while on our Acer it is F7, and the symbols are as obvious as they are different!:confused: Whichever yours is, I'm sure you will find it easily!:D

Last edited:
Reactions: user
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.