Windows 8.1 Pro on X86 Bits Operating System/Pale Moon install headache!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose

Level 22
Thread author
Jun 14, 2011
Hi Guys,

Try to install Pale Moon X86 Bits Version newest version this evening. :(

This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact
your system administrator.

Work great on the 64 Bits Operating System of Windows 8.1 Pro!;)
So, can I fix this headache on the X86 Bits Operating System?

Can someone tell me the steps to fix this headache?:confused:
Or help me?

Thanks, Guys!

Moose

cdnsempre

Level 1
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
Don´t worry this is virus ramsomware.
Download from cd or dvd the kaspersky rescue 10 and puryfy your pc.
good luck

Moose

Level 22
Thread author
Jun 14, 2011
No! Viruses! Scan with Emsisoft Anti-malware! And Malwarebtyes Anti-malware,ect! And a couple online scanners!

Work fine until, I uninstall Firefox couple week to try a couple browsers out.

Compatibility issues of Windows 8 and 8.1 of with Firefox of some kind?

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/975537
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/980508

Seem to be with Flash and Graphic Drivers,compatibility issues.

Simply solution is to uninstall Firefox at this point and use another browser. Tried Maxthon
Browser has less compatibility issues, with Windows 8.1 Pro at this point.

Work fine until I uninstall Firefox couple of week. To try a couple browsers out.
Avant Browser is working fine and IE. Opera is working fine!Opera is working fine.
Only on my one PC with Windows 8.1 X86 Bits Operating System.

Let me know if you fine an answer, guys?

Thanks!

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
i have no problems with Firefox on Win 8.1 and if you upgraded to Win 8.1 from Win 8 and had Firefox on the pc this could be
part of the trouble

after uninstalling Firefox did you clean up the folders left over after the uninstall mabe it will help to delete these
when uninstalling software alot of the time files are left over and can make trouble to reinstall

Uninstalling Firefox
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Uninstalling_Firefox

make sure you uninstalled Firefox and then delete these files if you have not already done so

C:\Program files\Mozilla Firefox or, on 64-bit Windows, C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox

Enable viewing or searching hidden files and folders go to the Control Panel then Folder Options In the Folder Options window,
click the View tab. Under Hidden files and folders, select Show hidden files and folders uncheck the Hide extensions for known
file types box, in order to see the file extensions for all files and the Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)

then look here (if you have more than one user accnt.on the pc delete in other user also)

Windows 7/Vista: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox <---- Win 8/8.1 should be the same
Windows 7/Vista: The C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox folder (if it exists)

after deleting what Firefox folders you find go back to the Folder Options in view click Restore defalts and apply

after you delete this if you use Ccleaner you can run it then use the registry cleaner part of it to also get left overs in the
registry (but take care running registry cleaners can mess up your pc) i have not had trouble ever using Ccleaner's registry
cleaner but you should know that messing with the registry can make trouble

now try to install Firefox or Pale Moon and see if this helps

:)

James

Moose

Level 22
Thread author
Jun 14, 2011
jim lin Thanks! I will try after lunch time today! I will let you know what happen!:D

Moose

Level 22
Thread author
Jun 14, 2011
Worked! Many thanks! Outstanding! It the simply time that get us in life! :D

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
i'm happy it worked for you :)

software likes to leave junk behind after uninstalling the more software thats uninstalled the
more junk thats left behind i try to clean as much as i can after i uninstall software i'm not
using no more especially security software as the leftovers can interfear with installing other
security software later

and i try to use portable software as much as i can because of left over junk and no uninstall
just delete the folder the portable software is in and it's gone

:)

James

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.