Advice Request Windows 8.1 - Pros and Cons

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdnsempre

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
Pros:
Speed.
Windows 8.1 starts up faster, switches between apps faster, and uses power more efficiently than previous versions of Windows, including Windows 7.

Cons:

-Microsoft is still too focused on the Metro interface. Desktop is relitively unchanged.
-Still no start menu like in previous versions.

cdnsempre

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
It´s right to say that Windows 8.1 is an OS not very optimized and incomplete release?
It´s much better do not update and keep Windows 8 pro because show weak software?

cdnsempre

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
The smartscreen filter is not stable and after any downloads it just does not work like the beggining when i installed in my laptop.
When i have the 8 never give that problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.