Advice Request Windows 8 Blue screen

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pissupoosa

Thread author
Jul 19, 2014
Team,
I am new to forum and just came up with this blue screen error . Can some one help?, How to post the mini dump file here?

dal987

Dec 31, 2012
Hi, just a few quick initial ideas: see http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510071/driver-irql-not-less-or-equal-error/ which will give some ideas if you can't use 'Upload a file' on this forum.
It would help, once you've posted it, to give a brief history: Is this the first time this error has occurred? If so, what changes have you made recently?

If it's a recent change that has caused this, and you have a Win 8 disk, you can use that to use System restore. But you may want to understand the cause so as not to reproduce the situation.

pissupoosa

Thread author
Jul 19, 2014
It is a brand new windows 8 system, I came across that first time. But now I can see couple of blue screen screen than and there. Just enabled the Auto update on.

D

Deleted member 21043

Hi.

I think you have a problem which even I, myself, ran into when I first got this Windows 8 PC back in June for my birthday.
Could you let me know what you were doing at the time when you got this error screen? Were you playing a game, watching something, or just even browsing the web?

The Auto-Update feature may have something to do with it (however it is extremely unlikely). I noticed a big bug in Windows 8 with the updating which created a loop of problems and the only way to ever see the desktop was to restore all your files and "reset" your PC from the advanced boot options. Microsoft need to get their exclusive Microsoft-branded hats, the soda's on the table and get to work!

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
Hi.

I think you have a problem which even I, myself, ran into when I first got this Windows 8 PC back in June for my birthday.
Could you let me know what you were doing at the time when you got this error screen? Were you playing a game, watching something, or just even browsing the web?

The Auto-Update feature may have something to do with it (however it is extremely unlikely). I noticed a big bug in Windows 8 with the updating which created a loop of problems and the only way to ever see the desktop was to restore all your files and "reset" your PC from the advanced boot options. Microsoft need to get their exclusive Microsoft-branded hats, the soda's on the table and get to work!

Win8 is for Win9 like Vista for Win7. Just a testing os.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.