App Review Windows Defender and Malwarebytes prevention and detection Test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
good review. Thank you so much for this ;)

Hello and thanks for the video!
Malwarebytes 3.0 did a good job, don't you you think so?
I think MB3 did an OK job but it's should be paired with other better AVs. WD + MB3 are OK for most users but not enough for high-risk users
In the video, we can see that:
- MB3 signatures: suck against daily threats but actually good against PUPs and ransomwares. WD detected a bit more but not sure if it's good against those 2
- MB3 has a very very good web protection, perhaps due to the awesome hphosts they have
- MB3 static scan is better than its dynamic protection :confused:. Static scan detected more stuffs while during the dynamic test, MB3 was almost completely silent

R

RoadRashWolfenstein

Thanks a lot for your review. It's awesome as usual ;)

I think Malwarebytes did a good job and that it's a great product. Having integrated the anti-expoit and anti-ransomware in their new version 3 is a good move. I'm using it and i think it's a great.

But i don't agree with their "makes antivirus obsolete" marketing policy. First it's misleading, as it makes you believe that you don't need an antivirus. Most people that will use only Malwarebytes will also have Windows Defender activated by default, and it is an antivirus. Also even tough their version 3 is improved, it doesn't compete with a traditional antivirus and it's still best to use it in addition to an antivirus.

Anyway that's just my opinion.

safe1st

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
good review. Thank you so much for this ;)

I think MB3 did an OK job but it's should be paired with other better AVs. WD + MB3 are OK for most users but not enough for high-risk users

Thanks a lot for your review. It's awesome as usual ;)

I think Malwarebytes did a good job and that it's a great product. Having integrated the anti-expoit and anti-ransomware in their new version 3 is a good move. I'm using it and i think it's a great.

But i don't agree with their "makes antivirus obsolete" marketing policy. First it's misleading, as it makes you believe that you don't need an antivirus. Most people that will use only Malwarebytes will also have Windows Defender activated by default, and it is an antivirus. Also even tough their version 3 is improved, it doesn't compete with a traditional antivirus and it's still best to use it in addition to an antivirus.

Anyway that's just my opinion.

Yes. This combo is like a basic protection for me.
Better AVs such as Avast or BitDefender free version...

I will try other combos. And thanks everyone!
Have a great Sunday :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.