App Review WithSecure Endpoint Security

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
WithSecure is the enterprise version of Finnish company F-Secure.
This version is virtually unchanged from the general public version, except for a small interface (called Agent), access to a dashboard and an EDR.
I'm familiar with F-Secure's performance, so I hope WithSecure doesn't disappoint!

Interface: 9,5/10

WithSecure's interface is virtually identical to that of F-Secure, and the configuration is the same.
The only change is the Agent user interface, which is smaller (normal for an enterprise AV).
On the other hand, WithSecure is allergic to alerts, as I got none....

Protection:10/10 Web / Fake crack 1/1 Remains 24 threats on 267 malware / Infection in memory

WithSecure holds its own and is a credit to F-Secure.
The protection is very good, that's for sure!
Whether it's Web detection, Avira, F-Secure Cloud or DeepGuard, WithSecure knows how to defend itself.
Unfortunately, a Trojan will manage to install itself undetected and inject a system process, as seen in KVRT (detection MEM:Trojan.Win32.SEPEH.gen).
There are also traces of Jrat infections (Java Trojan) and some VBS scripts which can be easily removed (even if they are in boot keys).

Result :
WithSecure : 0
NPE : 3
KVRT : 5
Emsisoft : 9 (10 - 1 => False Positive - Kill Switch)

Recommand : Yes
System Clean : System infected

@ShenguiTurmi request

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I like F-Secure but still "digesting" -- Recommended YES, system infected result... Meanwhile I sent to WithSecure website and I do see 30 day free trial, so does that mean a user can buy just 1 license? I see they ask for business size and 1 - 20 is listed, but no prices, only "Contact Sales" :unsure:

ShenguiTurmi

Level 3
Well-known
Feb 28, 2023
I like F-Secure but still "digesting" -- Recommended YES, system infected result... Meanwhile I sent to WithSecure website and I do see 30 day free trial, so does that mean a user can buy just 1 license? I see they ask for business size and 1 - 20 is listed, but no prices, only "Contact Sales" :unsure:
Yes!
WithSecure has no MOQ restrictions, you can buy just 1 device.
After I contacted them about the original they gave my order to a local agent and this is the price I got for reference:
(The Premium suffix means it has DataGuard Enhanced Anti-Ransom. And pure EDR product without EPP does not offer any protection, Only EDR.)
WithSecure EPP+EDR $72.5
WithSecure EPP+EDR Premium $79
WithSecure EPP $32.5
WithSecure EPP Premium $39
WithSecure EPP For Server $39
WithSecure EDR Only $48.5
Email Security Addon $5 (MOQ:100)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.