App Review Xvirus Test And Review

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
What if they had the setting 'Quarantine threats automatically' enabled under Scanner Settings?

DQFeg.jpg

Anyway, I haven't experienced the FP issue with system files for awhile now, which is great. :)
I'm not sure. But it's not selected by default.

So you're one of the developers, correct?

I do seem to like it so far.
Not exactly, but I was working at Xvirus code recently.

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
What if they had the setting 'Quarantine threats automatically' enabled under Scanner Settings? Then if it detected a FP it would auto-quarantine. Although, I do not know if anyone actually uses that setting, I only enabled it just now for a test.

DQFeg.jpg

Anyway, I haven't experienced the FP issue with system files for awhile now, which is great. :)
It only quarantine automatically if it is detected by the signatures. So that will not be a problem because the bug of deteting everything is caused by the heuristics

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.