Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikos751

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Comodo Internet Security is a product that lets the user configure almost every bit of it.
I think it would be interesting for Comodo users to post here their personal configuration for the product, discuss about their choices etc.
Please define version of CIS you use. :)

Personally, I have not come to a standard setup for my system (CIS 7), I am still testing the various options. At the time, what I remember to have changed is:
AV:
Heuristics set to low, quarantine threats automatically.
HIPS:
Set to safe mode, enabled enhanced protection mode. No change in rules until sth unknown is safe and I want to allow it.
Firewall:
set to safe mode, unticked the "do not show alerts" option. No change in rules until sth unknown is considered safe by me and I want to allow it. All advanced options ticked except ip v6 traffic scan.
BB:
Viruscope enabled (with popups enabled).
Autosandbox set to limited.

Reactions: Rahadian Putra
Y

yigido

mine..

AV: State , Quarantine automatically
HIPS : Always off (I think its too talkative when I want to install a new softwares that I like)
Firewall : Safe mod, enabled all extra protection below, notification option is low pop-up
BB : Viruscope disabled, sandbox : fully virtualized it allows me do everything then I click reset the sandbox pufff all is gone ;)

Reactions: Nikos751

Aurora

Level 1
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Mine:
AV:
O52ykrl.jpg
Firewall:
Nze4i9g.jpg
BB:
n8B2hPC.jpg
HIPS: OFF

Reactions: yigido and Nikos751

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The closest Comodo software can get is only in VirtualBox. So probably default for reviews purposes.

Nikos751

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
mine..

AV: State , Quarantine automatically
HIPS : Always off (I think its too talkative when I want to install a new softwares that I like)
Firewall : Safe mod, enabled all extra protection below, notification option is low pop-up
BB : Viruscope disabled, sandbox : fully virtualized it allows me do everything then I click reset the sandbox pufff all is gone ;)
it's said full virtualization can allow keylogger to capture strokes especially with HIPS off. If you keep an eye on whats sandboxes, of course it's ok.

Reactions: yigido

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
AV:
Heuristics set to higth, quarantine threats automatically.
HIPS:
Set to safe mode, autorules for know aplications (I'm not sure if is great idea),enabled enhanced protection mode.
Firewall:
set to safe mode, autorules for know aplications (I'm not sure if is great idea)do not show alerts off, all advanced rules
BB:
Viruscope enabled (with popups enabled).
Autosandbox Full virtualized.

Other:
Cloud ON
True aps from true vendors

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.