Assigned Zemana Anti-Malware 2.0

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.

marzametal

Level 7
Verified
Jun 10, 2014
I am running via USB. When I run Deep Scan, it only tests 17017 files. It seems to pick only specific file extensions, such as exe, sys, dll, ax (?), as far as I can gather by watching the scan.

*slaps himself upside the head* I have to make use of the drag-drop feature, drag C: into ZAM... 94436 files, nice improvement.
*highlights C: directories and selects properties* 94601 files... lovely... 94370 without Recycle Bin, System Volume Information and Sandbox... getting close!

Thanks @Azure Phoenix for the tips!

Questio... why does ZAM request outbound access to 8.8.4.4?

Reactions: frogboy

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Zemana Anti-Malware 2.6.1.430 Beta

• Fixed a critical issue with registry parsing
  • Added self-signed Root CA detection and removal (Covers all the self signed certificates used in the wild)
    • - This will remove not only Komodia and Superfish but also the ones security professionals are currently unaware of.
    • - For more information take a look the list here http://cdn9.zemana.com/tmp/RootCAList1.htm
  • Added commandline option /exit for automatically terminating the application after scan is completed
  • Added commandline output for /scan parameter
  • Added /hidden commandline parameter for console scans
  • Added start on boot option
  • Increased minor version number of BETA for making it easier to differentiate versions
Known Issues
  • Multi language support (If you would like to contribute, please reach us from dev@zemana.com)

Reactions: silversurfer

sonylxn

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2015
Zemana Anti-Malware 2.8.1.971

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 4:05 PM
  • Added index numbers to detected objects
  • Added "Delete All" button to Reports and Quarantine
  • Added double click support for restoring files from Quarantine
  • Added exploit scanning for documents by using only file fingerprint
  • Added double clicking for displaying detected object traces
  • Removed flickers from detected objects listbox
  • Removed annoying focus rectangle from detected objects listbox
  • Removed flicker from detected objects listbox
  • Fixed a bug related to browser extension enumeration
  • Fixed the false positive issue with OpenDNS DNSCrypt
  • Improved detection names for various items
  • Improved digital signature checking logic
  • Improved /remove_portable command
  • Improved Root CA scanning
  • Improved UX for quarantine restore/delete actions
  • Highly optimized UI for handling big number of detections
  • Highly optimized memory usage
  • Increased scan speed
  • Updated blacklist for some FPs
  • Changed "Show Tray Notifications" to off by default
  • Minor language improvements

Credits

• Kadir Altan
  • gapa61
  • Sinisa Sinkovic
  • daman1
Known Issues

• Multi language support (If you would like to contribute, please reach us from dev@zemana.com)

marzametal

Level 7
Verified
Jun 10, 2014
Can anyone who uses Install version of ZAM tell me if they see ZAM.exe in Task Manager after exposing processes for all users?
I wasn't prompted to install for all users, and I am the only user... I have ticked off the option for "load at startup".

Paul Lee

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2014
Can anyone who uses Install version of ZAM tell me if they see ZAM.exe in Task Manager after exposing processes for all users?
I wasn't prompted to install for all users, and I am the only user... I have ticked off the option for "load at startup".
Yeah, I always see it running in the background. Even if I disable the automatic start-up within the application itself & CCleaner. It automatically starts with your computer regardless. Kind of annoying to be honest.

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Zemana Anti-Malware 2.9.1.369 Beta
Zemana AntiLogger Release Notes
  • Minor language improvements
  • Fixed an issue with upload
  • Added CyberGhost VPN to whitelist
  • Fixed a critical memory leak in archive manager module which crashed the application
  • Fixed a false positive with self signed Root CA detection
  • Fixed a false positive with crypto locker wallpaper detection
  • Improved scan report format (added cleaned and failed objects)
  • Improved detection for DNS hijackers
  • Improved detection for Browser Extensions
  • Improved cleaner against persistent malware with watchdogs
Credits

• Bekir Ucarci
  • XIII
  • Rupert
  • Christopher Clayton
Known Issues

http://www.zemana.com/WhatsNew.aspx?ProductID=2

Last edited:

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Zemana Anti-Malware 2.9.1.369
This is a beta
Versions 2.x.1.xxx are betas
Versions 2.x.2.xxx are stable

So, I would guess someone running a beta (2.8.1.971) should be able to update to the latest beta build. At least that's how the product has been doing up till now.
Either way, it doesn't seem like it matters much. We simply have to wait patiently for Zemana to release it. :)

marzametal

Level 7
Verified
Jun 10, 2014
Yeah, I always see it running in the background. Even if I disable the automatic start-up within the application itself & CCleaner. It automatically starts with your computer regardless. Kind of annoying to be honest.
To get rid of the ZAM.exe loading at startup, even if you don't allow it to do so... disable the ZAM Windows Service. The only downside to this approach is that the service will have to be re-enabled if ZAM is to load its GUI. The proper alternative? Devs modify the app to NOT load at startup!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.