Expired 1,000 Free One-Year Licenses for Bot Revolt Antimalware Connection Program

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
The vendors of Bot Revolt are graciously giving away 1,000 free one-year licenses worth $49 for the current version 1.4.2 of their Windows security program.

Bot Revolt Protection is malware connection detection software for Windows. Instead of scanning your files for signs of infections, Bot Revolt monitors active Internet connections. It checks to see where processes from your computer are connecting to, to which IP addresses and it then compares detected IP address with its list of malicious IP addresses, blocking connections that are in fact malicious. See the Bot Revolt offer page (link below) for more information including an introductory video.

The 1,000 free licenses are valid for one full year, and will be issued strictly in order of applications received. Your license key does not have to be activated within a given time period.

More info on their official website

Here's how to get your copy:

1. Follow this link to the Bot Revolt offer page and complete the details as requested.

2. A coupon code will then be sent to the email address entered.

3. Follow the instructions to enter your coupon code and receive a 100% discount.

4. You will then receive a secure download link plus a unique license key.

Note: This offer will commence at 16.00 BST on Thursday, 26th September 2013 and will run until all 1,000 licenses have been issued. To see the start time/date for your location please consult a time zone converter. There is also a time converter link on the offer page.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
This product is base on the open-source code of PeerBlock which is available as freeware without limitations.

I'm not sure what they have did to their product but it looks exactly like PeerBlock with only GUI changes.

Read this with screenshots- http://www.thewindowsclub.com/bot-revolt-anti-malware-free-edition-download-review

Compare:

Bot-revolt-Free.png

PeerBlock_3.png

More Screenshots

Enjoy!! :D

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I really don't know. I have just found this and shared it :) Never used either of those two....

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Seems that Peerblock development and support has stopped for some time and BotRevolt uses their technology and keeps updating regulary...

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
Thanks Bora for share :)
"Anyone tried it ?"
Yes i tried it but not giving time to it because with free version you can not update ip list so i leave it alone for few days and uninstalled.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
It’s particularly important to note that, from the Bot Revolt free version, you cannot update the list of malicious IP addresses -nor can you activate the Private Browsing mode too. These two features are available in the paid version of the software. Nevertheless the free version does its job well and you may want to check it out.

PeerBlock allows you to update the list of malicious IP addresses for free, another thing which is strange is the product is pending patten license.

Since it is based on open-source code, I'm not sure it is completely legal to sell the product to users when it is already available as freeware. I don't believe Bot Revolt is open-source since I find no download links for their source-code. They require you to enter your name and email address to download the limited free version. The free version displays ads. $47.00 for yearly license for the full version is ridicules.

You can manually add blocking list to PeerBlock from I-BlockList without any limitations.

I really don't see any benefits over PeerBlock unless you just want to pay for something that is already freeware. Bot Revolt looks like a scam to me.

It would be better to stick with PeerBlock.

Thanks. :D

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Littlebits said:
It’s particularly important to note that, from the Bot Revolt free version, you cannot update the list of malicious IP addresses -nor can you activate the Private Browsing mode too. These two features are available in the paid version of the software. Nevertheless the free version does its job well and you may want to check it out.

PeerBlock allows you to update the list of malicious IP addresses for free, another thing which is strange is the product is pending patten license.

Since it is based on open-source code, I'm not sure it is completely legal to sell the product to users when it is already available as freeware. I don't believe Bot Revolt is open-source since I find no download links for their source-code. They require you to enter your name and email address to download the limited free version. The free version displays ads. $47.00 for yearly license for the full version is ridicules.

You can manually add blocking list to PeerBlock from I-BlockList without any limitations.

I really don't see any benefits over PeerBlock unless you just want to pay for something that is already freeware. Bot Revolt looks like a scam to me.

It would be better to stick with PeerBlock.

Thanks. :D

There are some reviews of Bot Revolt
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/bot-revolt-anti-malware-free-edition-download-review
http://www.softwarecrew.com/2013/08/automatically-block-known-dangerous-ip-addresses-with-bot-revolt/

But I agree that you shouldn't pay for something that's already free

realraydon

Verified
Sep 6, 2013
seems the free version doesn't overweight other free ones.

also agree that you shouldn't pay for something that's already free.

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
One thing i am unable to understand in peer block.
I read it on whilpool forum(i don't know which is like .uk or .au.....)
" if i downloading REMBO using P2P and as peer block updated with copy right holders ip list so it is better to me ;) but those ip are also free to those copy right holders :("

I mean like if you have malware hosted domain ip updated so they also know they are highlighted after reading updates ?

Note : i don't want to discuss about torrent it is only issue base question about peer blocks.Mod if isn't under rule removed it" :)

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Darnit! I forgot about this and they have gave away all the keys :(

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
No, they're still active PeerBlock 1.2 is coming soon.

They've partnered with IBlockList to help mitigate the bandwidth issues, and users who have donated to PB, can receive 1 year free of IBlockList subscriptions.

Source - http://www.peerblock.com/news/139.html (posted 24th September 2013)

BoraMurdar said:
Seems that Peerblock development and support has stopped for some time and BotRevolt uses their technology and keeps updating regulary...

ysl706

Level 1
Verified
Sep 24, 2013
Who has more than one license number, please give me. I would be very grateful!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.