100 GB Free Cloud Backup @ Degoo

Sana

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 30, 2015
Get 100 GB free secure backup space and never lose a file again.

We encrypt all your files using military grade encryption and store multiple copies of each file. It doesn't get more secure than that!

Your files are always ready to be recovered at anytime, from anywhere.

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Thanks for sharing. But Adguard alert me of a Poor Reputation site due to scam. Anyone can verify?

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
WOT shows bad ratings for the site but virustotal says it's clean. Signed up with a dummy account to check, will update again.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Update: Looks legit, the only reason I can find to not use this is that it's not a traditional cloud strorage system but rather something like a P2P system where your backed up data is stored in another person's computer and vice versa. This means that if that person goes offline you risk your data being lost.

Find more information here in an article I found Degoo Review: Is It Worth Your Data? - Software Reviews

Summary:
Pros
  • Degoo is eco-friendly. It is not dependent on traditional data centers to store user files, rather it uses existing hard drives around the world.
  • The data saved with Degoo is spread among multiple users. Your files are clustered and encrypted. The services promises to be secure and private.
Cons
  • Degoo does not offer web user interface. So you must download and install their app on your computer.
  • It has no mobile application.
  • The data shared with Degoo is spread among multiple users’ computer. So, if these machines go offline, the data exposes to risk of being lost.
  • Degoo will use your computer’s hard drive in exchange of free storage.
  • The processor sharing option may seem to be disappointing.
  • Degoo backup process was slow in my experience.

Reactions: Muppet

Shran

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 19, 2015
IMO you are better off finding another option even if it costs more than free.Free is not always good and my advice would be to use another option and one that is known for its security.

Much agreed... I don't want my data on someone else's computer even if it is encrypted, nor do I want someone else's possibly less-than-wholesome content on my computer (even if it's encrypted).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.