F
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Some of it I agree with, some of it I don't. Maybe things have changed, but at one time weren't Linux users tight lipped about sharing support tips, as far as being helpful to newbies? With Windows, especially 10-11, I haven't needed to consider Microsoft tech support, any helpful insights and tweaks can be found pretty easily on forums. Or, has it gotten so intuitive with versions like Mint/Cinnamon or Zorin, that the learning curve has dropped greatly and an average user could pick up on it more easily apart from having to use the older tools like Terminal?
Like @Jonny Quest said, alot of tight lipped, almost arrogant at times cause you don't know, and they been on linux longer blah,blah,blah.
I wish you and your family a long life in good health and well-being.An issue for me is or really was that others at times use my PC's, not as much now as in the past but they did lots, it seems that these people feel Linux is much like OS from the Klingon Empire & written in Romulan, & is totally foreign to the usual Windows or phone creature (my relatives), most people find the way I have Windows setup confusing let alone a different OS all together (the lemmings) - I used to dual boot but this wasn't the best way for me as I then had two OS's to maintain on the same PC - The main issue really WAS some Linux programs just were just simply not as good by a long way as some pay (expensive) Windows programs I did need in the past, mainly music - For me the way forward is to use Linux again on my laptop, I haven't got around to that due to to family illnesses, but it an option, I suppose just for the fun of it, assuming I live long enough![]()
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes