Solved 2 questions Win8 related

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
Hello and good day,

a) If you just tell me please since now iam logged into as an administrator, ho0w can i alter the type of nikotsaras user accoutn from MS online account to a local user account?

b) I was used to send movies form laptop to living room tv wirelessly through windows 8 embedded DLNA server. Now i dotn see the option in right click "Send to Samsung TV". Does anyone know how i will restore that again?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Google it

1. >> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/switch-between-local-and-microsoft-accounts/

Upvote 0

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
you want to switch to a local account? i guess you have to be activated to do that if yes it can be done through the control panel

Upvote 0

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
Υew iam activated i just need the way to do it so 9i cna chnage passwords with ease.

Upvote 0

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
Earth said:
Google it

1. >> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/switch-between-local-and-microsoft-accounts/

Very nice artcile but i also have another question.

Until now we uses to have limited user accounts and admin accounts.

Now we have this distinction:

Local User Accounts: Typical or Admin
Online User Accounts: Typical or Admin

Am i understanding this correctly?

Upvote 0

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
Also please tell me:

I cant use HDMI as well because laptop and TV are in different rooms, must be wireless.

I had that option and now it just got dissapeared although Samsung TV can be found on Control Panel Devices.

I am not usre but maybe that happend when i turbo boosted my pc via ASC somethign must have bneen disbaled there although i looked at it i dont understand

Also i wanted to know if there is a batter DLNA server for Win8 to stream wirelessly atmy Samsung TV except Samsung PC Share Manager v4.2 which have some issues.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Can you check any Logs that ASC could have disabled a service that was required.

According to the Windows 8 Compatibility Center, Samsung PC Share Manager (v4) does appear to be compatible (see here).

Am I right in saying you used 'Samsung PC Share Manager' which acted as a Media Server to stream from PC to TV?

And, you're looking for an alternate Media Server software to stream, if Samsung PC Share Manager don't work?

Upvote 0

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
ASC iam afraid kept no logs for boosting and disabled services.
I just unboosted it but problem persists.

'Samsung PC Share Manager' is compatible and workign but has other issues and i want an alternative with ability to send external subttiles as well.

Upvote 0

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
Please help me with this too:

If you just tell me please since now iam logged into as an administrator, how can i alter the type of my "nikos" user account from an MS online account to a local user account?

Thank you.

Upvote 0

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
Setting > Change PC setting > users > Switch to local account

Thats when you logged in as "nikos" user account that you can change your own type form online => local

What if you when you logged in as "administrator" ?

can you chnage the type of "nikos" from online => local as wellwhen logged in as administrator user?

How come you can alter the "nikos" type from administrator => typical use and not also from MS account => local account so that the "nikos" password can then be altered easily by cmd?

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
From what I know, you shouldn't log in or use the "Administrator" user account.

Nikos said:
What if you when you logged in as "administrator"?

I don't quite understand what you're saying for the rest. :huh:

Upvote 0

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
All those changes for the user "nikos" must be made from within the Administrator account after enabling it as:

net user Administrator /active:yes

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.