Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Nice h/w configuration! Which AMD processor series it is (one of the new Ryzens)?
16GB RAM is huge, do you professionally use it for running heavy software like designing/development... or gaming?

Dulan

Level 1
Jun 15, 2017
Nice set up. If you're only in to gaming that's too much RAM. But for designing and to run VMs that's not enough. I do have 32 GB RAM but with built in VGA. :)

Reactions: Deletedmessiah

S3cur1ty 3nthu5145t

Level 6
Verified
May 22, 2017
Nice set up. If you're only in to gaming that's too much RAM. But for designing and to run VMs that's not enough. I do have 32 GB RAM but with built in VGA. :)
I'm not sure how you have come to these conclusions, but you can not be further from the truth. I have 16 gb on my system and I test heavily in a VM. It has dedicated 4 gb of ram, which can be bumped up to a dedicated 8gb if needed and the host would run just fine either way. As for graphics/design, I also run video editing software, and again, 16 gb is quite enough. As for this amount being "too much" for gaming, again, I scratch my head at your perspective on this.

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Doesn't Ryzen utilise DDR4 RAM chips? I think OP is using 8xxx series or extreme OC'ed 9xxx series.
DDR4 or DDR3L with certain mobo's.
also there is no such a thing as too much RAM. its like saying too much money

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.