Apr 12, 2015
Reactions: Black Wings

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
This new version really sucks the life out of one's pc. If the desktop tidy was not bad enough, they have added their own adblocker. It does nothing more than eating up internet browsing spead, ads all over the place and if you use the target function to target a certain ad, it totally block the whole page. Did report this to customer with matching screenshots showing the ads, the reply of them ; we are sorry for the inconvenience that you ran into these problems, could you please sent us a screen shot of the ads? It is like they do not even read / care all a bunch of incompetent employees. The product is one big piece of bloated Christmas turkey....... Certainly not worth the money....

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
if you use the target function to target a certain ad, it totally block the whole page.
The adblocker is not for blocking ads on webpages, it is for blocking popup ads from software you have installed.

I bought a Premium license (they're cheap on eBay) and I love it. It is one of the lightest antiviruses there is and it actually has the option to prompt you for what action to take when something is detected, instead of auto quarantining. It has minor issues with false positives, but that's not an issue for me, as it takes just one click to whitelist anything you want to keep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.