New Update 360 Total Security Updates

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Seems like a big upgrade under the hood, judging by that high jump in the version no.?
Couldn‘t notice obvious changes when I upgraded manually yesterday (the internal Update function of Q360 TS did not offer the new version yet)

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
The description has been updated, as follows.

At the moment, the updated version needs to manually installed, as when I check for updates from within 360 TS, it finds no program update.

this is really strange , because I do have a premium license. and I do have the update module setup , to get the latest programs asap. Normally I do recieve program updates 1 day before they get sent out to the 360 non premium users.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
I stopped using this product 2 years ago: too many nagging adds. Is it still like that ?

actually yes , the free version is packed with horrible annoying adds , which can be disabled in the gui via adguard desktop premium ( if you make use of this program ). the premium version is ad free.

360TS was an awesome product a few years ago. How is it now protection wise?

if you look at the malware test here , sometimes it's a mixed bag , sometimes ok. you'll definately need some sigless protection alongside like NVT Osarmor or something along those lines.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
this is really strange , because I do have a premium license. and I do have the update module setup , to get the latest programs asap. Normally I do recieve program updates 1 day before they get sent out to the 360 non premium users.
I also have a premium license and I'm still not receiving the update. It's not a big deal in my opinon, as I could manually download and install the new version if I really wanted to.
I stopped using this product 2 years ago: too many nagging adds. Is it still like that ?
I hate the ads in the free version, so I bought a license. Legit licenses are very cheap on eBay.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Which engine does this company use?
Their own and you can enable Avira and or Bitdefender signatures.
Virus Scan
Integrating award winning antivirus engines from 360 Cloud Scan Engine,360 QVMII AI Engine, Avira and Bitdefender to provide you with the ultimate in Virus detection and protection capabilities.
virus-scan.nl-f2f5368a.png

Last edited:

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014

Mops21

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
A lot of cool features! :geek: How's the antivirus protection?

Der reisende tested this product a long time for the malwarehub. The results where disappointing to say at least, even with the Avira engine enabled, the product is also prone to a high degree of false positives and the Sandbox feature does not Excell either. Not to speak about the degree of data harvesting and spying it does on it's users.
Most of the premium features like tidy desktop, adblocker are nothing more than unwanted bloat, it also seems to whitelist most Chinese pups and adware...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.