360 Total Security 5.0.0.1960 Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Guys, I think this version has a P2p sharing within and it's sharing update files with others.( I got this from it's inbuilt download manager) That's scary, it's uploading from my system and I am not sure whether they will be only stick to the update files.

Reactions: Kent

hopefully_secure

Level 2
Verified
Jul 18, 2014
Guys, I think this version has a P2p sharing within and it's sharing update files with others.( I got this from it's inbuilt download manager) That's scary, it's uploading from my system and I am not sure whether they will be only stick to the update files.

That has always been there, you can turn off the P2P uploading using the menu inside the download manager.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
The links are now updated on their website but what is very strange is another was released the same time on Softpedia-
v.4.0.0.2068

Why release a new version v.4? if v.5 is final?
If you move all the way down to the bottom of their website last download link points to v.4.0.0.2068.
The first download link points to v.5.0.0.1960 neither download link has a description of the version you will not know until you download it. It also makes me wonder why they reported v.4.0.0.2068 to Softpedia and did not report v.5.0.0.1960.

I guess Qihu likes to confuse their English users since they can not get their versions straight.
I reported v.5.0.0.1960 to Softpedia and I'm waiting for their reply to see if this time it is really an official final release.

Enjoy!! :D

Reactions: marg

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
ok. So I installed this. And it'w working fine. Earlier version (4) was crashing on my system after virus scan. But this one is working fine.

Reactions: Kent

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
ok. So I installed this. And it'w working fine. Earlier version (4) was crashing on my system after virus scan. But this one is working fine.

Ver 4 never crashed on me when I tested it. Even thrown a few high risk malware. Now I'm using ver 5, my only wish is that they have better compatibility with Shadow Defender.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
I think IS is still better than TS, I just downloaded a pack of malware and extracted it onto my desktop, TS totally did not respond to it even when I set the protection to security and made sure all engines where updated. I think TS it really sloppy to react, but has great detection ratios, I scanned the pack with TS and most of them got picked up my TS easily. I don't know if this is a thing just for me or is everyone experiencing this as well?

Reactions: Littlebits

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
I think IS is still better than TS, I just downloaded a pack of malware and extracted it onto my desktop, TS totally did not respond to it even when I set the protection to security and made sure all engines where updated. I think TS it really sloppy to react, but has great detection ratios, I scanned the pack with TS and most of them got picked up my TS easily. I don't know if this is a thing just for me or is everyone experiencing this as well?

What extension were these files having? Realtime protection does not check all files, it only checks extensions like .exe. .msi. .doc ( mainly executeables ) but scanner checks all files. ;). Also sometimes when another scanning is going on or the Antivirus is updating, it does not detect through realtime.

P.S. - I also think IS is better. It is a 64 bit program ( whereas 360 TS is 32 bit though it runs on 64 bit systems too), uses lesser memory when I enabled only extra Bitdefender engines in both.
But protection wise 360 TS has a very very strong registry blocker.

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
I get that too, the real-time protection is unresponsive sometimes.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
What extension were these files having? Realtime protection does not check all files, it only checks extensions like .exe. .msi. .doc ( mainly executeables ) but scanner checks all files. ;). Also sometimes when another scanning is going on or the Antivirus is updating, it does not detect through realtime.

P.S. - I also think IS is better. It is a 64 bit program ( whereas 360 TS is 32 bit though it runs on 64 bit systems too), uses lesser memory when I enabled only extra Bitdefender engines in both.
But protection wise 360 TS has a very very strong registry blocker.

Well I got a few exe files as well as a doc file, it took more than minute before TS informed me that there were threats on my system and auto quarantined them. I find that IS or even other AVs are much more responsive than this, one of them would be avast, from experience it would just stop the file extraction programme immediately after the first detection.

I'm not too sure about it, shall mess around with it some more and get more input on this :)

Thanks for your input! ;)

Reactions: Littlebits
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.