360 Total Security 7.6.0.1031

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
No OTA update yet though. Qihoo should fix this Auto-update problem.

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
No Auto-Update of TS as well TSE here, too. Manual upgrade works like a charm though. Keeps all existing settings etc.

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
No Auto-Update of TS as well TSE here, too. Manual upgrade works like a charm though. Keeps all existing settings etc.

I hate manual update. :(

They fixed this problem. But seems like in later versions they again introduced the same bug. ( Not sure though whether they are rolling out the update gradually across the world or it's again a bug)

Reactions: Šovelén

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
I hate manual update. :(

They fixed this problem. But seems like in later versions they again introduced the same bug. ( Not sure though whether they are rolling out the update gradually across the world or it's again a bug)

Me 2 :( Noticing also a problem with BD signatures, still 18th Sept. Ok, the new ones appear usually at noon / afternoon, but 19th still not here?

UPDATE: Lagging behind as always, but BD signature installed is now 19/09/2015.

Last edited:

musings4

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 17, 2014
Usually when you enable BD/Avira engines, there's a uptick in memory usage from QHActiveDefense.exe process [150-200 MB] but in this version, I've noticed its memory usage very low [20-40 MB]. Perhaps its an anomaly and it will spike up again but so far from being installed for 2 days it hasn't yet.

D

Deleted member 2913

They have the Web protection options in the GUI & should make use of it completely i.e no need of extensions.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
They have the Web protection options in the GUI & should make use of it completely i.e no need of extensions.

Without extension it only works for IE. For Other browsers you must use the extension.

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
For IE too it adds addon...you can check under manage addons in IE.
I do not install any addon from 360. But it still works for IE. For other browsers it does not even care :p. I think that's the only privacy protection I can get because it can not get URL details from other browsers :D. Anyway I do not surf unknown website and I already have uBlock Origin.

Reactions: frogboy
D

Deleted member 2913

I do not install any addon from 360. But it still works for IE. For other browsers it does not even care :p. I think that's the only privacy protection I can get because it can not get URL details from other browsers :D. Anyway I do not surf unknown website and I already have uBlock Origin.
When I install 360 TSE
Chrome - 360 asks to install extension.
IE - IE asks to enable/disable 360 addon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.