Battle 360 TS vs Kaspersky Internet Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward ST

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 16, 2013
Hello, MT! I decided to create an interesting pool, in my opinion. As heard in the last days, Quihoo received many positive opinions at their security products. Will Quihoo detronate Kaspersky soon? I'm curious what product do you choose between 360 Total Security and Kaspersky Internet Security 2014! :D

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
I only used the default profile by KIS, haven't tried to set it up manually.
But I think it a good practice to install KIS right after a fresh installation of OS, to minimize the risk of system infection.
Kaspersky offers a lot of options and you can set it to have an increased level of protection. For example you can disable "trust digitally signed applications" in application control, you can change automatic to something specific in action settings and more. They have removed some settings in latest versions but its OK.

FleischmannTV

Level 7
Verified
Honorary Member
Well-known
Jun 12, 2014
Kaspersky because of ZETA Shield, Automatic Exploit Prevention, Trusted Applications Mode, System Watcher etc. I don't care about multi-engine marketing or copying other vendor's detections from VirusTotal and classifying them as "Trojan.Generic" (lol), only to look good in detecting files in malware packs. By the way, the recent versions are nowhere near as heavy as many people say.

looda

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 11, 2014
if i close internet connection q360 detection goes very bad even the other engines updated to the last defenitions so i pick kis for its great offline detection but q360 is my no 1 in cloud protiction

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
If we are comparing two products and one of them are FREE, then I will definitely go for the FREE one :p . ( Except for my OS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.