Technology 5.5G is HERE and it's gonna blow your mind!

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Comparison of 4G and 5G where I live. iPhone 14 Pro Max. Difference is very minimal — there is no benefit added.
5G:
IMG_3359.png
4G:
IMG_3360.png

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
I can't get more than 400 Mbps at home in 5G with my new package because my mobile operator (Bouygues) prefers coverage to speed. And 400Mbps in 5G is more than enough, no need to have 1Gbps or 10Gbps except to play around on Speedtest 😂

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Actually, so far, we're impressed by the 5G networks in Croatia. Pretty much all three networks offer speeds greater than 1 Gb/s here (up to 2 Gb/s) with relatively low latency (~15 ms). The only place where they differ is coverage. Telemach built new network when new owner acquired them, they literally replaced all the base stations with new 5G ones and now have nationwide 5G coverage. Competitors, have 5G only in cities, outside 4G+. But overall network coverage is something you can't really complain on, especially after you've visited other countries.

Here are the coverage maps for those interested:
Telemach — Pokrivenost | Telemach Hrvatska
HT — Hrvatski Telekom - Karta pokrivenosti
A1 — Karta pokrivenosti | A1 Hrvatska

And yes, it's still 5G NSA, but it's said they are getting ready to launch the 5G SA network this year. How we say here; "živi bili, pa vidjeli" (we'll live, we'll see).

Reactions: Sammo

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.