5-month U-Haul breach leaked driver’s licenses, IDs of customers

[correlate]

Level 18
Thread author
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2019
Popular moving truck service U-Haul began sending out breach notification letters to customers last Friday after discovering hackers had been inside their system for more than five months.

In the notice shared by the company and the letters sent to victims, the company said names, driver’s license and state identification numbers were viewed and potentially stolen by hackers who had access to rental contracts from November 5, 2021 to April 5, 2022. U-Haul said its security team identified the breach on July 12.
“We detected a compromise of two unique passwords that were used to access a customer contract search tool that allows access to rental contracts for U-Haul customers,” the company said, adding that the search tool cannot be used to access credit card information.

TedCruz

Level 5
Aug 19, 2022
Well crap! I just rented a UHAUL in April to Transport my new LG OLED from COSTCO to my house. I didn't trust shipping companies and I wanted to hand pick the TV based on the serial number, that way I was certain that it had the new NEO OLED Panel vs the older 3 layer panel.

• Wow
Reactions: Venustus

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.