Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
A decade ago to the day, I published a tweet launching what would surely become yet another pet project that scratched an itch, was kinda useful to a few people but other than that, would shortly fade away into the same obscurity as all the other ones I'd launched over the previous couple of decades.

And then, as they say, things kinda escalated quickly. The very next day I published a blog post about how I made it so fast to search through 154M records and thus began a now 185-post epic where I began detailing the minutiae of how I built this thing, the decisions I made about how to run it and commentary on all sorts of different breaches. And now, a 10th birthday blog post about what really sticks out a decade later. And that's precisely what this 185th blog post tagging HIBP is - the noteworthy things of the years past, including a few things I've never discussed publicly before.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.