A new Samsung folding phone could deliver a bigger screen

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
Samsung could be set to expand its folding phones lineup this year with an all-new model that has two hinges instead of one – and it could offer a tablet-sized display. Currently, Samsung offers two options for people wanting to pick up a folding phone. Its clamshell Z Flip models look like regular smartphones when open, but you can fold them in half to store them in a more compact space, while its Z Fold devices open up like a book, and are a little bulkier but offers users a larger screen than a typical phone. This rumored tri-fold phone would effectively be an expansion of the existing Z Fold line – adding an extra folding panel so that we can carry around an even larger screen in our pockets.

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
From the above article:
On that note, while Samsung has put in a lot of effort to reduce the weakness caused by folds in phones, they’re still not perfect. Adding an extra fold would also add an additional source of potential problems which could make its tri-fold phone more hassle than its worth.

And how much are those going to cost?! No thanks, it's not worth it. I'd rather get a (new) tablet or notebook instead.

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
Agree completely, I like to imagine that I have the money to buy, try and discard anything I want and I post within that delusion :D

BTW, I shortened the title to fit, neurosis.
From the above article:
On that note, while Samsung has put in a lot of effort to reduce the weakness caused by folds in phones, they’re still not perfect. Adding an extra fold would also add an additional source of potential problems which could make its tri-fold phone more hassle than its worth.

And how much are those going to cost?! No thanks, it's not worth it. I'd rather get a (new) tablet or notebook instead.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Ground-breaking innovation for the Android ecosystem. Added to my $1500+ per item Wishlist.

F

ForgottenSeer 98186

Agree completely, I like to imagine that I have the money to buy, try and discard anything I want and I post within that delusion :D
You would not get much value for the money.

A user can link an Android or iPhone to a portable monitor or laptop and cast content to it. I'm guessing that Microsoft made sure its Duo had the feature, but in all honesty I have never encountered a Duo in the wild. Is it even produced any longer? Went extinct like the Windows Phone? I won't even bother to look. Too lazy.

Windows Phone was slick with the above feature.

A trifold will be like carrying around a brick, but there are technuts out there that just gotta have it, no matter the weaknesses and high prices.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.