Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Looks really good! Is ESET heavy at all for you? I usually have trouble with AVs besides Avast. (I have 8gb of ram and some other stuff.) I would add Zemana as an on-demand scanner! If ESET is too heavy for your computer, Avast is a very nice and light alternative.

Reactions: aamoos

aamoos

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
Looks really good! Is ESET heavy at all for you? I usually have trouble with AVs besides Avast. (I have 8gb of ram and some other stuff.) I would add Zemana as an on-demand scanner! If ESET is too heavy for your computer, Avast is a very nice and light alternative.
Thanks mate. No ESET works very well and doesn't use too much resources. I used Zamana before but found Malwarebytes better. I will give Zamana a try again.

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
When i tested Eset not long time ago it wasn't heavy at all to computer actually light as plume. I suggest add HTTPS-Everywhere addon + maybe scriptsafe too. Also most important security after user is backup. Thanks for sharing :)

aamoos

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
Consider adding HTTPS Everywhere and macrium reflect
What are the functions of HTTPS Everywhere?? Just encryption or even more??

When i tested Eset not long time ago it wasn't heavy at all to computer actually light as plume. I suggest add HTTPS-Everywhere addon + maybe scriptsafe too. Also most important security after user is backup. Thanks for sharing :)
Thanks mate. Will try them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Rengar and BugCode

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
What are the functions of HTTPS Everywhere?? Just encryption or even more??
HTTPS Everywhere forces websites and the various connections on said sites to secure https connections when they would usually default to insecure http. It provides extra security and privacy overall.

Reactions: Rengar and aamoos

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
I suggest making frequent backups of your most important data and making an image backup in case something goes wrong with your system. I personally use AOMEI Backupper for both tasks but others would no doubt suggest Macrium Reflect for image backups.

Also consider adding Avira Browser Safety to your browser(s) to shore up your web protection.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Reactions: aamoos and Rengar

aamoos

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
I suggest making frequent backups of your most important data and making an image backup in case something goes wrong with your system. I personally use AOMEI Backupper for both tasks but others would no doubt suggest Macrium Reflect for image backups.

Also consider adding Avira Browser Safety to your browser(s) to shore up your web protection.

Thanks for sharing. :)
Thanks for suggestions. But I cannot do backups because of limited HDD storage. And I heard too many bad things about Avira Browser Safety.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Thanks for suggestions. But I cannot do backups because of limited HDD storage. And I heard too many bad things about Avira Browser Safety.
Always the option to buy a portable hard drive and backup to there; making sure to keep it disconnected when not in use.

Could you elaborate on the bad things you heard about ABS?

aamoos

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
Always the option to buy a portable hard drive and backup to there; making sure to keep it disconnected when not in use.

Could you elaborate on the bad things you heard about ABS?
Portable drive is a good option, I will try it. Just quoting from a website about ABS
"As we’ve seen, Avira Browser Safety offers little to the end user. Even worse than the above considerations are the past privacy and security concerns that antivirus extensions have caused. Antivirus browser extensions can interfere with your browser’s normal functions and even snoop on your traffic, like Superfish did. This is all on top of the tracking your antivirus already does."
Many websites don't recommend it.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Portable drive is a good option, I will try it. Just quoting from a website about ABS
"As we’ve seen, Avira Browser Safety offers little to the end user. Even worse than the above considerations are the past privacy and security concerns that antivirus extensions have caused. Antivirus browser extensions can interfere with your browser’s normal functions and even snoop on your traffic, like Superfish did. This is all on top of the tracking your antivirus already does."
Many websites don't recommend it.
Fair enough. It's not a necessity but it's there if you'd like some added protection against malware and phishing sites.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Consider some type of system and data backup solution.
Consider adding an additional on demand scanner(s)
Consider adding CCleaner for a system utility option.
Aside from the backup solution you have a nice config!
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Winizsol

Level 2
Verified
Jan 19, 2017
Everything was said above, but you can click the spoiler if you want to see my recommendations.
Critical - Not critical - Optional
Thanks for sharing your config! :)

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
You are using a top notch security suite and a very secure browser. As far as these fields are concerned, you are absolutely fine.

I'd recommend you pay extra caution to data and system backups. Data backups can help safeguard irreplaceable files and other information in case of a malware attack or software disaster, while system backups can help you restore your system to its exact state, as it was when you created those system backups, saving you time and effort in case of a software malfunction or malware infection.

For data backups, you can copy sensitive files to external storage media or to the cloud.
For system imaging, you may try one of the following solutions (the Windows Backup and Restore feature should suffice in 99% of cases):
OR
OR

Do take into account other members' suggestions as well, as far as additional scanners/browser extensions/system utilities are concerned. They presented some excellent recommendations.

Other than that, you are good to go. Thanks for sharing your config with us! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.