----
Additionnal Protection
UAC: Maximum
Virtualization: Shadow Defender
----
Monitoring
Process Monitor: Process Hacker + Emsisoft Hijack Free + Comodo Killswitch
Startup/Registry Manager: Comodo Autoruns
System Utility : CCleaner + Auslogics Registry Cleaner + Auslogics Registry Defrag + Auslogics Disk Defrag
----
Recovery
Backup: Norton Ghost
Boot CD: Hiren Boot CD

P

Plexx

Good overall config. Could I ask what settings you have for Kingsoft and EAM?

you may consider dropping SAS since it is not what it used to be.

On a side note, I am not a fan of Wise products, but that is just me.

One thing that I noticed: Online Armor and Virtual Box are not fully compatible. How did you get round it?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Really nice and solid config. Nothing that I see you could add. Keep up the great work :)

D

Deleted member 178

Biozfear said:
One thing that I noticed: Online Armor and Virtual Box are not fully compatible. How did you get round it?

maybe he doesn't get the BSODs yet ^^, it happened 1 week after for me before

AbDoU Z

Thread author
Sep 22, 2012
Biozfear said:
Good overall config. Could I ask what settings you have for Kingsoft and EAM?

you may consider dropping SAS since it is not what it used to be.

On a side note, I am not a fan of Wise products, but that is just me.

about the setting :
Kingsoft on the default settings
but EAM I have disabled the following options :
-Set [Create rule] as default for alerts
-Detect Riskware

And I changed the default action for detected objects to alert
----------
I disable SAS service because I use super anti spyware just for scan
----------
Add Virtual Box to the topic was by mistake
I have modified the topic

AbDoU Z

Thread author
Sep 22, 2012
McLovin said:
Really nice and solid config. Nothing that I see you could add. Keep up the great work :)

thank you :D

Umbra Corp. said:
Biozfear said:

maybe he doesn't get the BSODs yet ^^, it happened 1 week after for me before

I have modified the topic ;)

P

Plexx

AbDoU Z said:
about the setting :
Kingsoft on the default settings
but EAM I have disabled the following options :
-Set [Create rule] as default for alerts
-Detect Riskware

And I changed the default action for detected objects to alert

With both KsAV and EAM stock settings for file scanning, wouldnt it duplicate the scanning?

I.E: Have EAM to scan upon execute file instead of stock settings might be a better idea.

EAM on its own is good enough so I don't particularly see the need for KsAV here.

If you were running a combo with a less desirable solution (in terms of detection and perhaps prevention) then I could understand throwing in KsAV.

D

Deleted member 178

In fact, when running a combo, the user must decide which one is the main AV, then set up the second accordingly.

In my case EAM is the main AV (because its detection on access is more reactive than NOD32), so i set it to "detect on read" and decreased the sensibility of NOD32 to scan on "created" and "executed"; not to say NOD32 has lot of tweaks for its "scan on executed"

Also the performance of the RT is determinant, the user must choose which RT is lighter when "on read/access" .

Finally, we have to consider the detection rate of both AV, i prefer to select the one with best detection as main AV, because i don't like any malware sitting on my system (even if it does nothing).

AbDoU Z

Thread author
Sep 22, 2012
Just to test

removed : EIS

Added : Bitdefender Internet Security 2013

P

Plexx

AbDoU Z said:
Just to test

removed : EIS

Added : Bitdefender Internet Security 2013

What tweaks have you applied to BDIS?

Comparing to EIS so far, what are the pros and cons you think between EIS and BDIS?

AbDoU Z

Thread author
Sep 22, 2012
Stranger said:
If you feel no slowdown or problem with bitdefender your configuration is excellent
:)

There is a simple weight at startup..But light and does not consumes a lot of system resources

3vZU5.png

P

Plexx

AbDoU Z said:
Stranger said:
If you feel no slowdown or problem with bitdefender your configuration is excellent

There is a simple weight at startup..But light and does not consumes a lot of system resources

If memory serves me right, while I was running EAM 7, there was also a weight on startup.

How are the resources consumption whilst full scan being done for BD? (CPU, I/O, RAM and system responsiveness).

AbDoU Z

Thread author
Sep 22, 2012
Biozfear said:
What tweaks have you applied to BDIS?

Comparing to EIS so far, what are the pros and cons you think between EIS and BDIS?

I have activated the IDS And I change its settings to Normal ..And I change the Active Virus Control settings to Aggressive .
----------------
BDIS Pros

1- easy to use
2- Has powerful Web protection
3- Has very good Behavior Blocker
4- Have high detection rate

cons

1- The IDS disabled on default mode
2- Cause some weight at startup
3- Full system scans takes a lot of time
--
EIS Pros

1- have high detection rate
2- have great hips
3- have good Behavior Blocker
4- have great firewall

cons

1- Not easy to use
2- EAM Consumes a lot of memory
3- Has no web filter

P

Plexx

AbDoU Z said:
cons

1- Not easy to use
3- Has no web filter

I take it it is OA that is not easy to use correct?

EAM does have a web filter, which is based on host files. Umbra and some others do use this function and I believe they use MVP HOSTS File (you can simply import the file).

Thanks for the share.

AbDoU Z

Thread author
Sep 22, 2012
Biozfear said:
AbDoU Z said:
Stranger said:

If memory serves me right, while I was running EAM 7, there was also a weight on startup.

How are the resources consumption whilst full scan being done for BD? (CPU, I/O, RAM and system responsiveness).

Yes EAM also causes some weight at startup

UxNId.png

System responds well despite the presence of some weight

D

Deleted member 178

Biozfear said:
AbDoU Z said:
cons

1- Not easy to use
3- Has no web filter

I take it it is OA that is not easy to use correct?

EAM does have a web filter, which is based on host files. Umbra and some others do use this function and I believe they use MVP HOSTS File (you can simply import the file).

1- Surely OAP, EAM is quite simple.
2- yes on startup/scan/updates but after it is very light.
3- Both OAP and EAM has a "web filter" based on DNS/Hosts that works differently and complement each other.

OA/OAP = check the DNS of the website if it correspond to a legit/safe site
EAM = block the website via the HOSTs, and yes i use MVPS Hosts file ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.