Waiting for reply About Trustport Internet security

This thread is waiting for a member reply to continue

Bitan1990

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 19, 2015
Hi,
I am using Trustport IS which includes AVG and Trustport engine ( as per my licence key). It's firewall is very basic type and depends on user action. Normal users are not aware of what is going on in system and they allow all the popup related to its firewall. It is great security risk . The firewall should decide to allow/ block any software through it as per reputation and behaviour. I hope Trustport will include this in there firewall.
I am not sure whether it scans for rootkit or not.

L

LabZero

Of course anti-rootkit protection is present and it is included in the AVG engine (for sure).
It is necessary to point out that the rootkit detection can be affected by false positives fairly frequent in these detections, so a good knowledge helps to understand this results.

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
Hi, I have a question:
I am using Trustport IS which includes AVG and Trustport engine

Would the current version of Trustport only have two engines, the AVG engine and its own engine?

In the past, I heard that Trustport had many many engines, such as the engines of Bitdefender and Vipre. Have those engines been abandoned?

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
The engines are related to the license.

Could you introduce some details on this? Do they sell the engines in the way like DLC?:D

dlc.jpg

Bitan1990

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 19, 2015
Hi,
Actually TP has AVG, Bitdefender,Trustport engine. It depends up on the licence , which engines it will actually use. As in my case, when I was using it as trial the it was using all of 3 engines and was receiving updates of all 3 engines. But after activation with licence key it is using only AVG an TP engine and defination as my version SE.

Reactions: Online_Sword

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Overall in my current view for Trustport, it contains AVG and Bitdefender but other older versions before they add Norman and Dr.Web as additional.

However the link posted should clear as possible from clarifications.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.