Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
xodri.jpg

Activision, publishers of hit gaming series Call Of Duty, has announced that the Nuketown 2025 map has been pulled from multiplayer.

A tweet from Treyarch's David Vonderhaar confirms the sad and unexpected news that the map has indeed been pulled, citing no reason why it was removed:

tdnhr.png

The news is sure to anger the millions of fans of the series, many of which camped out at night to get the game the moment it was released worldwide. Those who preordered the game (and in effect received the map) will surely be at arms with Activision now.

It would at least be appreciated if the company had given a reason for the map being taken away from paying customers, whether it be a large bug or just a small flaw, but fingers crossed, and with a large enough backlash, the company will return the map in due time.

Source

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
Activision has been around forever. I remember playing their baseball game back in the early 80's.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Great going Activision.. "Nuketown 2025 24/7 - We Never Close"

I'm glad I didn't bust £45 on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.