Advanced Security Ad-Aware 10 has been released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dashke

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 3, 2012
Hurray!!!
C'mon, try it! I know you gonna like it! :)
http://lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Definitely have improved since the previous edition, but the Beta version left drivers after uninstalling. It caused some issues and I wasn't too pleased about that. Has the uninstaller improved?

Waiting for a Prevention test. :p

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Earth said:
Definitely have improved since the previous edition, but the Beta version left drivers after uninstalling. It caused some issues and I wasn't too pleased about that. Has the uninstaller improved?

Waiting for a Prevention test. :p

I'm sure NSG001 will let us know if there is a review :p

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
McLovin said:
I'm sure NSG001 will let us know if there is a review :p

I agree. :D

What's new:
Advanced detection
Superfast antivirus engine that complements our legendary anti-spyware to offer protection without compromise.

Enhanced Performance
Two engines made to work together, without conflicts or slow-downs, in one easy and superfast security solution.

Faster and Leaner
Faster scans and smaller boot times with less PC footprint so you can get to play or work faster.

Download Protection
Stops malware before it even hits your hard-drive.

Improved Heuristics Detection
Finds and blocks unknown and emerging threats before they can harm your PC.

Malware Sandbox Emulator
Rapidly analyze malware in a virtual environment so that malware is never actually executed on a user's machine.

Game (silent) Mode
Allows for silent operation so you can play your games and watch your movies without being disturbed.

Brand New User Interface
Redesigned from the ground-up with usability as the core principle.
Source

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
CHANGELOG:
We’ve redesigned our UI with a much needed overhaul. Key changes include:
· Fire-and-forget default settings with all of the right options set for our users (techies still can customize to their heart’s content but confusing options are buried one level deep so as not to confuse beginners).
· A very light, web-based UI that is fast and fluid.
· Controls commonly used in new smartphone apps that make it easy to navigate.
· A true multi-threaded app that lets you navigate easily.

We’ve included some features in our Free version that, until now, were reserved in our paid version:
· Real-time download protection which blocks files before being written to disk.
· Advanced heuristics, rootkit protection.
· A gaming/silent mode.
· Full sandboxing.
· Removed all nag screens pushing users to upgrade.
· There are now no differences in the malware blocking (and removal) features of our free product (compared to our or our peers’ Pro products.

We’re starting a rapid development cycle program that will keep Ad-Aware fresh with new updates and features constantly without waiting for that once-a-year major upgrade:
· Dropping the version number (except for reviewers and techies).
· Going on a 8, 4, 6 week development schedule.
· Bringing new features, improvements constantly.
· Silent updates (user will get a little screen describing fixes and features and give them the option to download).

We are releasing two new premium versions as well:
· Ad-Aware Personal Security – will retail for 12$/year. Adds advanced web filtering (both reputation and anti-malware) to provide a suite that is well-positioned against our peers’ full antivirus products retailing for 3X the price.
· Ad-Aware Pro Security – will retail for 36$/year. Adds email, network, USB protection plus a powerful two-way firewall. It competes well against our peers’ Total suites (without parental controls or spam filters) at nearly half the price.

We’ve reviewed our installation process as well:
· We’re automatically starting the definition file updates so that when the program is installed – everything is ready to go.
· We are proposing the installation of our security/search toolbar in a way that is consistent with our values (no pre-checked boxes).

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Ad-Aware is reviewed by CNET

http://download.cnet.com/8301-2007_4-57406120-12/meet-the-new-ad-aware-nothing-like-the-old/

Ad-Aware is a name that many longtime Windows watchers will recognize, but that's about all that remains from previous versions as it gets a stern-to-stem overhaul.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Ad-Aware 10 is a completely new product just using an old name, it will continue to have bugs for awhile just like any new product will while in development. It is too early to come to any conclusion about this products future. I would like to see it do well, right now I wouldn't recommend it.

The only software they like is Norton or Kaspersky

You forgot about BitDefender and Webroot, they have been pushing them for years.
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2372364,00.asp

I will never forget the excellent rating they gave to BitDefender 2012, it was a complete joke. :lol:

Thanks.:D

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
@darkelixa, LittleBits

It's all about who can pay the most for "best of word" and a push in promotion, I never took any such articles word for word, Hence why I let myself be the judge and test products myself.

The same goes for toptenreviews, Biggest joke I've seen and such incompetent reviews, They push Kaspersky & BitDefender by the looks of it. They must be paying well indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.