Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Homepage: Adblock Browser

"The most popular ad blocker for desktop browsers is now available for your Android phone and tablet. Block intrusive popups and annoying ads on Facebook, YouTube and more."

Powered by Adblock Plus
  • High quality ad blocking
Fast, efficient browsing
  • Load pages faster
  • Save your battery and data
Safe and private
  • Reduce risk of malware infection
  • Enhance your privacy
  • Recommended by Stanford University, UC Santa Barbara, Electronic Frontier Foundation
You’re in control
  • Change the default setting to block all ads
  • Disable malware, tracking and more
  • Support ads on your favorite website
Browser Permissions
  • Android requires any software to declare all functions it accesses, such as the camera, contacts, location, and requires users to acknowledge this in order to install the app. Check out our FAQ for more details.

I haven't seen this posted in Android, iOS and Windows 10 Mobile sub-forum. I have used this browser before and like Firefox for Android, you are able to run YouTube videos in the background, with no Ad interruptions and play even when the device is locked - (Tested on Android only). No YouTube Red subscription required! :)

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Just I don't agree on adblocking no more hate please. :oops:

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Do you know how much these corporate giants make in profits, and how much actual tax they pay? Nada.

I really think you are overthinking the concept of Adblocking software, as AdBlock Browser has a option to disable Ads on sites you like to support, and an opt-out only for the Acceptable Ads.

How different is Ad Blocking software from Malware and Phishing Protection, Parental Control software?

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
There is no contract between publishers and visitors to websites as a result of which users have “agreed” to view all the ads a publisher serves. To the contrary, users have the right to block those or any ads, because no such contract exists. Like Huracan said above, if you want to support the site you can whitelist the site, and most of those websites detects you're using an adblock software and kindly ask you to disable it if you want to support them and keep their site "alive".
Nobody is forcing anyone to do so, nor the right for blocking the ads everywhere you want should be taken away from final visitors.

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
This is ridiculous they seriously made an adblocker for andrioid and ios? They really want to hurt websites. Before someone jumps on me and talks about "malvertising" DON'T GO ON THE SITES, UPDATE YOUR PROGRAMS, rather than be greedy think about other people. There is a reason Youtube Red is available.. Pay it then you have no ads... People are so greedy that WON'T disable adblock on ANY sites and will probably just enable to block all ads. Our generation is getting more idiotic by the minute.
By blocking ads I am being greedy? It's my right to block ads, websites can not show content and tell you to turn off the ad blocker to view the page, that's their right. I can honestly say since I have been on the internet over 20 years that I have never made a purchase based on an internet ad so to me, they are just an annoyance that I can live without. There are some sites I like and make an exception for in Adguard.

Reactions: BoraMurdar

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
This is ridiculous they seriously made an adblocker for andrioid and ios? They really want to hurt websites. Before someone jumps on me and talks about "malvertising" DON'T GO ON THE SITES, UPDATE YOUR PROGRAMS, rather than be greedy think about other people. There is a reason Youtube Red is available.. Pay it then you have no ads... People are so greedy that WON'T disable adblock on ANY sites and will probably just enable to block all ads. Our generation is getting more idiotic by the minute.

1.) Not all sites offer a payment to disable ads.
2.) You don't know which sites will serve malware if you turn off your adblocker.
3.) Ads aren't relevant to most people.

Most people (myself included) cannot tolerate the amount of ads shown on some sites, wait for the page load, or waste bandwidth by letting the ads be shown.

I'm the type who makes exceptions for smaller sites only.

Last edited:

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
It shouldn't matter how much money, tax, ect. They make you are still taking valuable profit. How am I overthinking adblocking? Just because there IS an option to disable on a page how many people are going to do it? ZERO. In fact they would even block acceptable ads just for the hell of it. It shouldn't matter if ads are relevant or not some people. Youtubers, communities and other places NEED the money. If ads are annoying that use google's ad sense. Its your right to block ads? LMAO, its your right to respect other's needs. Are you even paying for the ads? NOPE! Wasting bandwith. Seriously how many escuses to people have to make. I realise that I am not getting any likes who cares??

Some Sites that DO need money.
Goodsearch.com (I am currently using to fund for Red Cross)
Wikia
Games like agar.io ect.
Youtube (There are people that try to have a second job.)

Tell me one reason I should support these sites that are owned by a major corporation.

I'm only going to support sites that actually NEED it. Like a site that shows ads to donate it all to charity, or a YouTuber that makes videos to raise money for charity.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Just because they do doesn't mean they SHOULD.

Some Youtubers that do it for their own gain still don't make enough money as most. People like SMOSH, Pewdiepie, ect make too much. Same with people in sports and game shows rather that helping people. I believe that adblock gives the user too much power and most people would exploit it for their own use even when some people need that ad-revenue. It just feels that most people care about themselves noadays. Humans myself included are too arrogant for their own good and it may cost us sooner or later.
I have no hate for anyone just want an educational lesson for people.
How exactly is the education lesson when you bluntly call people greedy and idiotic generation? We had this conversation before on another thread. Aside from that I do take offense in such comments so please reconsider your choice of words. Everyone is free to use or not to use ad blocks.
You want to benefit ad revenue to major companies etc be my guest but do not go insulting users simply because they run an adblock.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
So seems Google adjust their policy for allowing those adblockers registered on Play Store, so goes to Apple.

Yes money and money however its a right for person to choose to make anything easier BUT different side of story if you are seeking for a job.

Advertisement will not easily vanish at all, cause users who use adblocker is little on percentage loss money compare on revenues receive they have everyday.

Reactions: Oxygen
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.