New Update Adblock from the creators of purevpn

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

antreas

Thread author
The only ad-blocker with a personality that lives up to its promise of protecting you
against ads, malware, and spyware, all without being a sellout!

An ad blocker plus anti malware & spyware- with a personality unlike any other!
I am best at:
Stopping Ads
Fighting Malware
Dodging Trackers
Speeding up your browsing

I DO NOT believe in acceptable ads. I DO NOT shake hands with publishers under the table and let some ads slide.

And I do it all in a manner that’s 100% unique!

My only purpose of existence is keeping you safe from being tracked, monitored and watched via ads, malware & spyware.
I am the only ad blocker, anti malware, anti spyware, and popup blocker with a personality; and the only ad-blocking extension you’ll ever need! I am the prodigal son of an industry veteran – PureVPN and am as watchful, resourceful, and fierce as my father. I spare no one; my hatred for ads is extreme and I have a personal vendetta against malware & spyware.

What Kind of Ads Do I Kill?

Every darn kind:
YouTube ads
FaceBook ads
Search ads
Pop-up ads
Auto-playing video ads
Expanding ads
Interstitial page ads
Overlay ads
Pop-under ads
Webmail ads
Animated ads
Overlay in-video ads
All other annoying ads

How Do I Protect You?

By becoming your digital bodyguard:
No more web tracking via ads
No surveillance via malicious code
No third-party monitoring via spyware
No data sharing with anybody
No data logging… ever!

How Do I Speed Up Your Browsing Speed?

By eliminating the unnecessary:
Ads are stopped from loading and consuming time and bandwidth
Unnecessary scripts are identified and stopped immediately
After installing, just “Turn me on!” and forget about digital evils forever!

Download from: here

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
How many self-promotional promises, will be it able to maintain all of them?
They are trying to make out like they are the best but everyone knows uBlock Origin is already the winner :D :D :p
Yep. This is sad. Don't see why people can't focus on their main job and behave like they know everything and can do it better than those trying for years.

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Yep. This is sad. Don't see why people can't focus on their main job and behave like they know everything and can do it better than those trying for years.
Probably because trying to change/entrepreneurship is also a possible source of employment and/or backup in case present work becomes obsolete/unsustainable and marketing is a big part of that - even to big guys like Google who invest on tracking you for advertisement/possibly increasing the quality of their products. Besides, who knows you might have the talent or luck to do it. You can't really stop people from doing this since, unless it's really bad, it might benefit them. You won't know unless you try anyway and 'tis an opportunity for them to do so. Get enough entrepreneurs and you might get new products or improve old ones, something people might like - and that's beneficial to society and might be the only consistent improvement to society. Since everything else is so disappointing and actually has collateral damage.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Probably because trying to change/entrepreneurship is also a possible source of employment and/or backup in case present work becomes obsolete/unsustainable and marketing is a big part of that - even to big guys like Google who invest on tracking you for advertisement/possibly increasing the quality of their products. Besides, who knows you might have the talent or luck to do it. You can't really stop people from doing this since, unless it's really bad, it might benefit them. You won't know unless you try anyway and 'tis an opportunity for them to do so. Get enough entrepreneurs and you might get new products or improve old ones, something people might like - and that's beneficial to society and might be the only consistent improvement to society. Since everything else is so disappointing and actually has collateral damage.
You can't compare google expanding with the thousand of employees with purevpn.
I am pretty sure a vpn company is not capable of hiring a team of devs to make an adblocker so they are 100% getting the code from other projects and rebranding it. No way they coded this from 0. And if they can afford this it means money their customers pay to keep the vpn as best as it gets are getting pushed on random products their user base doesn't care about.
Anw that's my opinion and if you disagree feel free to support this action.

oneeye

Level 4
Verified
Jul 14, 2014
Greetings all,

I found a great broad spectrum blocking apk. for Android several months back. I say broad, because it works globally on the device to block ads, malware, spyware (trackers) . It is open source, on GitHub, and free to use. Although donations and or support are optional, any help is appreciated. Helps to cover costs of running the websites and server. I recommend reading the whole home page, and there are several forum threads at XDA Developer's too. Just google the name of the apk, which is : Block This - Open Source Ad Blocker for Android. Free Download.
This apk. was briefly on playstore, like Disconnect Me, and Adgaurd were before this one. Also, the owner is looking for some developer help, so if you're interested, hit up the GitHub page, and or email the owner. And lastly, there is a forum website to ask questions, and discuss any issues with the apk.
I have been using the apk. for many months now, and have no complaints.

David-Cyb

Level 1
Dec 30, 2016
I tried this extension on Chrome. It's not as effective as others in the market with very few features. It looks like pure gimmicks and bad marketing efforts from pureVPN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.