Privacy News Adidas Hacked, Customer Data Exposed

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Adidas announced on Thursday that details of its US customers who purchased products online had been exposed following a security breach.

The company hasn’t provided any details as to how many customers might be affected, but it did say that information like contact details, physical addresses, and email info were exposed. Login information, like username and passwords, might have leaked as well. Passwords, however, were encrypted, it said.

On the other hand, credit card data and fitness information were not exposed, but the company has started notifying affected customers of the security breach.

“adidas today announced that it is alerting certain consumers who purchased on adidas.com/US about a potential data security incident. On June 26, adidas became aware that an unauthorized party claims to have acquired limited data associated with certain adidas consumers,” the company noted.

Read more: Adidas Hacked, Customer Data Exposed

Last edited by a moderator:

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Yeah I'm curious about that as well, do they really store personal data unencrypted, in 2018? Like, really?
The company hasn’t provided any details as to how many customers might be affected, but it did say that information like contact details, physical addresses, and email info were exposed. Login information, like username and passwords, might have leaked as well. Passwords, however, were encrypted, it said.

I guess only passwords were encrypted. This is why we should do something about these company security practice. T-Mobile for instance, stored customer information on text format and not encrypted at all.

Hi Brothers

Level 2
Verified
Apr 19, 2018
I guess only passwords were encrypted. This is why we should do something about these company security practice. T-Mobile for instance, stored customer information on text format and not encrypted at all.

It's like they ARE TRYING to get the information stolen, my 5 year old sister (if I had one) would do a better job, she at least knows that important things should be protected :ROFLMAO:

Talk about lame, at least they didn't accidentally hand the data over, the hackers had to do some work as well :LOL:

Reactions: Weebarra
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Last year I ordered from KFC and used my credit card. My bank norified me that my card had been hacked and was issuing me a new card. They would not say who it was but I knew the only place I had ordered was at KFC. And so your bank won't even tell you who was compromised.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.