Status
Not open for further replies.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Adobe announced last year in November that it is going to stop developing the mobile version of the Flash Player for Android but the app will continue to be provided through the (then) Android Market.

A couple of months ago, Adobe saw the pointlessness of having the Flash Player at all on the Play Store and said that it will be removed from the store on August 15.Well, the day has arrived and a few hours from now the Flash Player will finally be removed completely from the Play Store. Only those who have it installed will be able to use and see it on the store but no new updates will be provided.
Read more: http://www.gsmarena.com/adobe_flash_player_to_drop_out_of_the_google_play_store_today-news-4648.php

I rarely use flash on Android, but I prefer to see it on the play store.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
No new updates to be provided, meaning it can be exploited (in the future).

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
Adobe really ticks me off. All of their stuff is buggy and (or) sluggish as heck. I was having BSOD's for a while on my system, and guess what would pop up immediately after reboot? ADOBE UPDATE. Recently on my father's Windows 7 64 bit laptop, it took over 5 minutes to boot, maybe 10. I kept powering it off because it was taking so long. Guess what popped up immediately after I finally got the desktop up? Yep, ADOBE UPDATE. What a bunch of jerks that make that software......................

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
And the worst thing is that there is no alternative. But I still can live without it.

Actually, someone once told me that there is, and gave me links. I think it was here at MalwareTips. I know for a fact that Foxit Reader is much better. I use it. As far as the alternative flash and shockwave, I have not implemented a replacement. I did turn off auto update though. It never ceased to BSOD me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.