Ads: Do you Report Bad Ads?

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The majority of web users dislike seeing Ads and will use an AdBlocker or Content Blocker to hide unwanted content.

But how many MT members user use a custom whitelist or no Ad blocking to make a judgement about a Good vs Bad Ad?

In the Poll please vote which suits your view best, if you vote Other say why you chose that option.

vgchat

Level 1
Verified
Mar 22, 2013
I use an ablocker as well and I pretty much agree with Cohen when it comes to whitelisting sites. Sites that try to get around it & say.... "your using an ablocker blah blah blah" or "subscribe/upgrade your account now to remove ads", I usually do not whitelist.

I don't tend to report ads.

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
No since I use the adblocker instead. ;)

I let those other people to be observant and report if they think offense or contains malicious content.

Let's be practical; we want an issue free when browsing so an adblocker is present. ;)

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Adblock on all systems, so see no reason to enable adds on any website. truth to be told, majority of sites are cluttered with ads or pop up adds.

rather have a clean looking site than a cluttered site, despite majority of sites I visit hardly have any ads, since those are specific sites for a couple of games, which range from fansites to official forums and reddit.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Yes - If I find the Ad to be misleading, unsuitable or potentially unsafe

Personally I find the chance from getting infected via malvertising be low where I am IMO. No sense trying as I don't use an adblocker. :)
On Android I report bad Ads, because it's a non-rooted device. I find the 360 Mobile Security Ads to be misleading.

News sites have Sponsored and Audio/Video Ads, which I have AdBlocker enabled for those. Other sites that are well designed with a few Clean Ads.

Valeriy

Level 1
Verified
Nov 9, 2016
I use the program Adguard quite a long time and still I have no problem with persistent advertising.

Reactions: Logethica

Parks

Level 1
Nov 14, 2016
I dont report them i just block them with uBlock. When it comes to Twitch i normally watch the streams in vlc with livestreamer as with a adblocker alot of pages dont load for me i sometimes do the same with Youtube.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.