After We Help to Cure Your PC.........

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
I have noticed an awful lot of infected users visiting for assistance in malware removal lately. It is crucial that you all implement a solid, free AV such as Avast, a solid firewall like Comodo, and a virtualization tool like Sandboxie to your systems, at the very least. That way you won't keep having to deal with the nightmares.
Run your browsers sandboxed if you are surfing random sites like there is no tomorrow. Set it to "drop admin. rights" and "automatically delete contents of sandbox after closing".
If you are going to be downloading while sandboxed, set it for "quick recovery".

Those three security programs should keep you very cozy from now on without nagging pop-ups and other paranoia inducing ludicrousness.
Set Avast to "Gaming Mode".

All three security softwares I mentioned are free of charge.
Use filehippo.com, or softpedia.com to acquire said security software.

NOTE: If you choose to add Comodo firewall, make sure you shut down your current firewall. Win 7/8 firewall is arguably an adequate solution if you don't want to fool with an alternative firewall.

DrBeenGolfing

Level 1
Verified
Mar 16, 2013
A lot of those folks have a pay AV that they either let the subscription lapse, or failed to keep it updated, failed to update their operating system.
Windows needs to have a start screen to remind folks to do those things, or it won't run until fully updated and secured.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
It needs for them a knowledge and supervision to guide against internet threat common threats.

Since most newbie/novice could generally undergone an unexpected infection before learns on the mistakes.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
My comment:
Instead of tons of cumbersome security softwares, eg. useless signature based AVs, use good free proxy services (like Privoxy - security), or if you have IE, unnotch scripts and downloads in security tab in IE Tools / Options .. sandbox your browser - good idea.

nclr11111

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Feb 25, 2011
Running browser through Comodos sandbox since i´ve got the FW installed. Sandboxie better??

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
I would think that Sandboixe is better than Comodo's sandbox. It has been around much longer and it is stand-alone software.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Comodo Sandbox is fine, its primarily used when dealing pop ups like BB and HIPS that recommended to run on virtual environment.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
I doubt people who does not have much knowledge and get infected even with good protection will able to use sandboxie

nclr11111

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Feb 25, 2011
Aha! So if you´re really paranoid you should run Sandboxie+AV+FW on a virtual machine with deepfreeze!?

Ps. As far as i can see Sandboxie is not for free as said in first thread! Am i mistaken?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
nclr11111 said:
Aha! So if you´re really paranoid you should run Sandboxie+AV+FW on a virtual machine with deepfreeze!?

Ps. As far as i can see Sandboxie is not for free as said in first thread! Am i mistaken?

Its considered as unregistered version due on some features are locked like force USB's, CD and others on sandbox, auto sandbox the browser and others.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
Sandboxie Free Edition is the heart of my security, and it always will be.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.