Ahmed Adel's Security Configuration

Ahmed Adel

Thread author
Mar 18, 2015
Hi all
my latest security configuration is only ESET smart security 8 with WOT installed in chrome browser
and MBAM on demand scan , I like this conf. as it is very light on the system since ESET processes takes a bigger value on the ram and uses less cpu , Any one has a recommendation to add to this shields without affecting pc performance ?

Reactions: tonibalas

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Consider a backup solution
CCleaner or Privazer if not already installed
You could add uBlock as well as HTTPS Everywhere to Chrome
Might consider a 2nd browser
Thanks for sharing your config :)

H

hjlbx

Any one has a recommendation to add to this shields without affecting pc performance ?

Hello Ahmed,

Just some suggestions...

With ESET SS8 there really is no need as you can configure it - enable\dis-able additional protections - according to the type of activity - from low risk (Automated Mode) to high risk (Interactive Mode).

If you might consider light virtualization with a paid product that is well worth it: Shadow Defender.

It will add simple-to-use, yet highly effective light-virtualization to your config.

I use it constantly. It is the best softs that I use.

Reactions: Ahmed Adel

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Its already a fine configuration, turning the Host Intrusion Prevention System from ESET will deal a lot of user interaction pop ups and you may not pleased with that since its design for experience user who wanted to block fully on some certain apps

Anyway consider of having backup program like the built in from Windows or third party like Macrium Reflect, consider of External HDD and USB as well.

Reactions: Ahmed Adel

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.