RAM:
upgraded to 8GB

Security Configuration
Just updated my config :rolleyes:
  • Windows 8.1 Pro x64 to Windows 10 Pro x64
  • Replace EIS with Eset Smart Security 9
  • Replace MBAM + EEK with Zemana Anti-Malware
  • Added F-Secure Freedome VPN, Exe Radar Pro
Note: I decided to add MCShield because my laptop would be working on lot of Removable media files share. Even Eset has removable media scanner (I disable it), I think MCShield is more effective doing this job.

Update 18/10/2015

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Very good configuration.

Optional suggestion: You may add Lastpass for storing passwords securely, and add starter scanner like Hitman Pro or Emsisoft Emergency Kit. Another cleaner type where you can try SlimCleaner which very good and does not ruined the PC too caused I've tested it before. ;)

ahsanfreedom

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 2, 2015
Very good configuration.

Optional suggestion: You may add Lastpass for storing passwords securely, and add starter scanner like Hitman Pro or Emsisoft Emergency Kit. Another cleaner type where you can try SlimCleaner which very good and does not ruined the PC too caused I've tested it before. ;)
sounds great, thanks again for your recommend, jamescv7 :)

Good configuration, you can add https everywhere and also want to mention that there are not many people here who like ASC.
got it, now i felt more safety exploring the net, thanks ;)
i see, now i just using ccleaner, and thats just great :)

Nice configuration mate, C-Cleaner is my favorite simple yet effective pc optimizer, Eset an awesome security suite as well.
Where are you from Ahsan?
thanks Tani,
and greetings from Indonesia :D

ahsanfreedom

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 2, 2015
Looks good!! I am not a fan of ASC either as it usually provides more trouble than its worth but that is just my opinion.Thanks for sharing your config :)
okay, i found many people here dont like ASC. And im sure they are must be have much experiences on that, so I just follow them :D
now i run my pc with ccleaner, i hope it will be okay :D

Basic or not your config is really good.If you follow the advices given from the other members i believe
you will be more than ok.
Thanks for sharing
Thanks, tonibalas :)
I did, glad to be here.. thanks all.

Reactions: tonibalas

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your configuration, ahsanfreedom.

We also rely on ESET, but rather use their NOD 32 with Windows Firewall to guard our system that's Windows 7 SP 1 too! I also use CCleaner besides LastPass; and downloaded the latest portable version 5.01.5075 (..hm, I'd better update my own config.:p) 2 days ago. It's been given a new UI and is quite fast!:):)
I shall also look closer into SmadAV as I wonder if it may be similar to MC Shield which could be it's cousin!:D

It was a smart move, your heeding @Fedora 's (and many others') warnings about ASC.

For fans of Google Chrome, I embrace activating their third party cookie blocker.
  1. Go to settings in order to >> click on Show advanced settings.
  2. Under >> Privacy, mark "Block third party cookies..". You may also mark "Keep content information only until end of session
  • Browsing in "Incognito" additionally deletes both history and remaining cookies at end of session.
PS Chrome has been the subject of malware discussions (even among those whom neither have nor use it..o_O) so, after some problems of my own, I have recently installed Opera browser after finding it to be a pleasing alternative,:cool: though I'm still a "Chrome-a-holic" through and through!!:D Nearly the same procedure for privacy applies as above, albeit the layout is a bit different.;)
It shares the popular Chrominum engine & Blink rendering.

Last edited:

ahsanfreedom

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 2, 2015
Thank you for sharing your configuration, ahsanfreedom.

We use also rely on ESET, but rather use their NOD 32 with Windows Firewall to guard our system that's Windows 7 SP 1 too! I also use CCleaner besides LastPass; and downloaded the latest portable version (..hm, I'd better update my own config.:p) 2 days ago. It's quite fast!:):)
I shall also look closer into SmadAV as I wonder if it may be similar to MC Shield which could be it's cousin!:D

It was a smart move, your heeding @Fedora 's (and many others') warnings about ASC.

For fans of Google Chrome, I embrace activating their third party cookie blocker.
  1. Go to settings in order to >> click on Show advanced settings.
  2. Under >> Privacy, mark "Block third party cookies..". You may also mark "Keep content information only until end of session
  • Browsing in "Incognito" additionally deletes both history and remaining cookies at end of session.
PS Chrome has been the subject of malware discussions (even among those whom neither have nor use it..o_O) so, after some problems of my own, I have recently installed Opera browser after finding it to be a pleasing alternative,:cool: though I'm still a "Chrome-a-holic" through and through!!:D Nearly the same procedure for privacy applies as above, albeit the layout is a bit different.;)
It shares the popular Chrominum engine & Blink rendering.
So, we are Eset fanboy isn't it? :D
Actually, I've tried using several AV like avast, kasperskay and bitdefender. But, i dont know with them i dont got any satisfied. And the last one Bitdefender made my machine slow down, its takes additional 10 secs in boot time. Then I run ESS 8, everything looks fine, and my pc run faster with also solid pretection.
But, I still looking for any suggestions to make my machine more, and more safety :D

smadAV is the most used local AV in my country Indonesia ( i think), its run as additional protection (beside primary AV) to fight against local malware in Indonesia. MC Sheild, may they have family relation.. haha :p

I love chrome too, btw. And thanks for the tips :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.