ahsan's Security Config

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Looks nice and rich in features, but if it's okay if I combine it with Adguard, LastPass, HTTPS Everywhere ?
Will it slow down my browsing experience if I use too many privacy extensions on my browser? o_O

I'm using every one of your core extensions, and (so far) it's working well.:)
Results are prone to vary. Like BoraMurdar, I was using Zenmate. Although I'd forgotten to disable the latter, everything still worked quite well. After disabling Zenmate everything slowed down, but this was only temporary and a simple restart rectified this.
I think it should work fine, but esp. since you've no current VPN, why not just install it while in a sandbox to test drive before you decide to commit to keeping it?o_O Think of it as a trial without having to uninstall.;):cool:

ahsanfreedom

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 2, 2015
I'm using every one of your core extensions, and (so far) it's working well.:)
Results are prone to vary. Like BoraMurdar, I was using Zenmate. Although I'd forgotten to disable the latter, everything still worked quite well. After disabling Zenmate everything slowed down, but this was only temporary and a simple restart rectified this.
I think it should work fine, but esp. since you've no current VPN, why not just install it while in a sandbox to test drive before you decide to commit to keeping it?o_O Think of it as a trial without having to uninstall.;):cool:
Got it, looks like this is the best privacy extension i've ever used, especially I love its GUI
Feels like all in one security suite on my browser :D

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I'm happy you are liking it. @BoraMurdar would be pleased!:)
c263180fd10832bc6f41ef553353f70bbaf672ecb22ad1be953a3c63b7bcde0e.jpg

:)
No really, @ahsanfreedom , very nice configuration, thank you for sharing it with us. Stay safe.

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
Nice config! thanks for share!
Ahh..glad to see you my fellow indonesian ;) welkam brader :)

But to show our respect to MT, let's just speak english :D
okay, i found many people here dont like ASC. And im sure they are must be have much experiences on that, so I just follow them :D
now i run my pc with ccleaner, i hope it will be okay :D

57888014.jpg

smadAV is the most used local AV in my country Indonesia ( i think), its run as additional protection (beside primary AV) to fight against local malware in Indonesia. MC Sheild, may they have family relation.. haha :p

Yes I heard about smadav too, I was using it around about 8 years ago, and from my opinion there is no need to using multiple AV in real time, it will cause conflict soon or later, well unless you disabled it real time protection and just using it as for demand scanner, also the word of "to fight againts malware in indonesia" this really concerned me, correct me if I wrong, to me..it sounds like a scareware tactic to gain more user, I think eset already provide you with full protection (although there is no 100% bullet proof, but still eset is solid) really..have you been infected with local virus? because I've never experienced that :confused:

Will it slow down my browsing experience if I use too many privacy extensions on my browser? o_O

Not really brother, but yes it may probably slow down your browser start up, but other than that I think no, unless you don't care about your ISP/Government been watching you, its unnecessary to using dotvpn (or any other similar service) though :)

ahsanfreedom

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 2, 2015
Nice config! thanks for share!
Ahh..glad to see you my fellow indonesian ;) welkam brader :)

But to show our respect to MT, let's just speak english :D
Hey, nice to meet you brader :)
Lanjutkan! :D

Yes I heard about smadav too, I was using it around about 8 years ago, and from my opinion there is no need to using multiple AV in real time, it will cause conflict soon or later, well unless you disabled it real time protection and just using it as for demand scanner, also the word of "to fight againts malware in indonesia" this really concerned me, correct me if I wrong, to me..it sounds like a scareware tactic to gain more user, I think eset already provide you with full protection (although there is no 100% bullet proof, but still eset is solid) really..have you been infected with local virus? because I've never experienced that
Thank you for sharing, and also for ur suggestion :)
A few years ago I've been infected by some malware, (actually it's after my laptop borrowed by my mate) though I've installed the 2nd top reviews security suite (by toptenreviews) with regularly updated (may I mention the AV? :D ). The AV cannot detect any threats whereas I found some windows features get disabled such as folder options. The most annoying behavior is the virus will hiding all files on every removable drive that plug in to my laptop. And replace them with a .lnk file named "RemovableDriveName.lnk".
Then I suggested to run full scan with smadav, I found some malicious files and registry problems, even thats not fully fix my system but just disappointed with the main AV. Then I go with the most "mujarab" healing trick, Reinstalling the OS :D
So I guess some of local malware (made by Indonesian) not detected by main AV, wish smadav can block it and I agree with "there is no 100% bullet proof" The best security suite is the user it self, I think :D
Regarding to that nightmare, I just put smadav as second layer protection, and no problem so far
I don't know about if it's a scareware, I just using it as its function ;)

Not really brother, but yes it may probably slow down your browser start up, but other than that I think no, unless you don't care about your ISP/Government been watching you, its unnecessary to using dotvpn (or any other similar service) though :)
dotVPN added, and no problem at all :)

Thanks for sharing! Look very good.
You could use CCleaner and don't need any other software in this kind.
Thank you, toffee :)

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
Hey, nice to meet you brader :)
Lanjutkan! :D

Thank you for sharing, and also for ur suggestion :)
A few years ago I've been infected by some malware, (actually it's after my laptop borrowed by my mate) though I've installed the 2nd top reviews security suite (by toptenreviews) with regularly updated (may I mention the AV? :D ). The AV cannot detect any threats whereas I found some windows features get disabled such as folder options. The most annoying behavior is the virus will hiding all files on every removable drive that plug in to my laptop. And replace them with a .lnk file named "RemovableDriveName.lnk".
Then I suggested to run full scan with smadav, I found some malicious files and registry problems, even thats not fully fix my system but just disappointed with the main AV. Then I go with the most "mujarab" healing trick, Reinstalling the OS :D
So I guess some of local malware (made by Indonesian) not detected by main AV, wish smadav can block it and I agree with "there is no 100% bullet proof" The best security suite is the user it self, I think :D
Regarding to that nightmare, I just put smadav as second layer protection, and no problem so far
I don't know about if it's a scareware, I just using it as its function ;)

LOL, I think I know the Av :D
Also I'm sorry to hear about your problem with that nasty virus :mad: if I remember correctly that virus you mentioned above actually spreading infection through USB or any removable drive, I think it would be a good idea to vaccinate your laptop/computer for better safety, so such case wouldn't happen again in the future (which I hope so). And since you mentioned about you got infected since you borrow it to your friend, I think it would also a good idea to create a standard limited user account in your windows just in case you would borrow it again to your friends in the future, who knows what they will click/execute :eek::D

See you around friend ;)

ahsanfreedom

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 2, 2015
LOL, I think I know the Av :D
LOL :D

if I remember correctly that virus you mentioned above actually spreading infection through USB or any removable drive
Right, that virus spreading himself through removable drive.The virus have been analyzed and discussed in a forum (smadav or pcmav, I've forgot the thread)
Badly, sometimes I find the virus in my friend's usb pen drive, but fortunately now it could be blocked by many AV

And since you mentioned about you got infected since you borrow it to your friend, I think it would also a good idea to create a standard limited user account in your windows just in case you would borrow it again to your friends in the future, who knows what they will click/execute :eek::D
Yes I did.
I've created guest account with limited access (read only and restricted to some critical area)

See you around friend ;)
Yup.. ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.