- Aug 17, 2014
The Windows music player AIMP has recently been updated to version 5.0 final.
Existing users find plenty of changes in AIMP 5.00, beginning with a new design. AIMP 5.00 displays several design suggestions on start that range from a minimalistic version to a modern version; the classic design is also available, for users who prefer it over the new designs.
The screenshot above shows the default design, which is eye pleasing and useful at the same time. One of AIMP's strengths is customizability, and the latest version of the music player has a lot to offer in that regard.
As far as changes are concerned, here is a short overview of major changes in AIMP 5.00:
You can check out the full changelog of AIMP 5.00 on the official website.
- Official support for Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system.
- Performance improvements.
- Find in File Tags option for lyrics and album art.
- Bookmarks is part of the music library. Support for custom labels and comments was added, a find in source command, and abilities to filter and group bookmarks are now also available.
- New option to sort playlists automatically when new files are added / metadata is updated.
- New "Each playlists has its own playback mode" option.
- Audio converter improvements, e.g. support for WMA Pro codec or an option to normalize the volume level during conversions.
- Tag Editor has a new tool: chapters creator.
- Many plugins scheduler improvements, including several new actions and abilities.
- Skin engine got support for OpenType fonts.
- Equalizer contains 20 bands, support for 43 Hz and 22 kHz bands added.
- Tag editor supports Windows 10's and 11's Quick Access folder.
- Sound engine got a new ability to remap channels for 5.0 and 7.0 channel schemes.
AIMP 5.00 is an excellent music player for Windows. It is in many regards like Winamp, but since development for the classic player has more or less stopped a long time ago, it is like what Winamp could have been, if development would not have stopped.
AIMP has a lot to offer: from playing most media formats and streams out of the box, skins and plugins, to editing audio tags, converting media and remote audio playback.
Music Player AIMP has reached version 5.00 final - gHacks Tech News
The Windows music player AIMP has recently been updated to version 5.0 final. Here is what is new!