Status
Not open for further replies.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Implement some type of system & data backup solution.You should also backup important data to an external drive.
Consider removing some of your system utilities as CCleaner is more than enough.
Have you considered migrating to Windows 10?
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Allan Mathias

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 18, 2017
thanks for ur input exterminator.will remove some utilities. love to go for windows 10.money is problem. I am disabled .that's why I on your forum to get giveaways

Reactions: Syafiq and Daljeet

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Hi Allan, Avast is a good choice, you have some good browser add-ons, I agree with those who suggest a system image backup solution, preferably onto an external media. If you have good backups, you can laugh at ransomware.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
thank you for your input. I have downloaded steganos security suite18.is this software really good .I will download Aomei back upper today
Thanks
I am not familiar with steganos myself, and I don't see people talking about it a lot on this forum. If you are interested in Windows privacy, there are other ways to do it. The folks here can tell you their methods, or you can just search for it on the site.

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
As has been mentioned, you need a backup tool, ideally both a data and system backup.

Data: Rollback Rx
System: Drive Cloner Rx

These are both paid versions, you can go with Rollback Rx Home (Free) and Macrium Reflect (also Free) but they aren't as compatible. Dunno how much you like that sort of stuff; some people prefer compatibility to free like me lol.

Allan Mathias

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 18, 2017
thank you for your input. I did downloaded macrium reflect. if there is anything for me to add let me know Thanks

Allan Mathias

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 18, 2017
Hello
removed ccleaner. winoptimizer. added macrium backup free.added glasswIre
added auslogics disk pro.do have avast on hardened mode .let me know if I should add anything
Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.