Advice Request alt tab in windows 10 randomly in games

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Ahmed Uchiha

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 5, 2021
I noticed after updating to Windows 10 21H1 the second day after updating when I play games on full screen the windows do alt-tab by itself and minimize the game it happens randomly and I don't know why after while I can play without issues but, this issue bother me when it happen.

does anyone have this issue after updating to the latest version 21H1?

Thank you in advance.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Try this. Run CMD and copy/paste:
Code:
rem If the time elapsed since the last user input exceeds the value of the ForegroundLockTimeout entry, the window will automatically be brought to the foreground
reg add "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v "ForegroundFlashCount" /t REG_SZ /d "0" /f

rem ForegroundLockTimeout specifies the time in milliseconds, following user input, during which the system keeps applications from moving into the foreground / 0 - Disabled / 200000 - Default
reg add "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v "ForegroundLockTimeout" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

Ahmed Uchiha

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 5, 2021
Try this. Run CMD and copy/paste:
Code:
rem If the time elapsed since the last user input exceeds the value of the ForegroundLockTimeout entry, the window will automatically be brought to the foreground
reg add "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v "ForegroundFlashCount" /t REG_SZ /d "0" /f

rem ForegroundLockTimeout specifies the time in milliseconds, following user input, during which the system keeps applications from moving into the foreground / 0 - Disabled / 200000 - Default
reg add "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v "ForegroundLockTimeout" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
Thank you, so much but I can't tell the difference since that this issue occurs when I first time boot to the system it do this once or twice then the game works fine I think it might a windows bug as I think it was working fine in the previous version.

Thank you very much for help :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.