Amazon aims to tackle counterfeiting, effective September 1st

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Amazon will start publicly listing the names and addresses of US-based third-party sellers on its Marketplace platform as a measure to fight counterfeiters, according to a report from Business Insider. The change was announced in a note sent to sellers on Wednesday, and the change goes into effect on September 1st.

“These features help customers learn more about the businesses of a seller and the products that they are selling,” the note says, according to a copy obtained by Business Insider.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Apple products, Beats products, and JBL products are counterfietting a lot on Amazon. If you are buying JBL products on Amazon, make sure you check the seller is authorized on JBL site. Forget buying Apple products and Beats products on Amazon because Amazon will not going to thoroughly check the return item even if the seller is Amazon.com.

I believe there are Sony and Bose counterfietting products like headphones as well but never encounter one.

I would love to get my electronics from Best Buy, but Best Buy return period is only 14 days for non elite members so that is a huge bumper if the product fail let say in the day 20.

Reactions: Dave Russo

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.