AMD Trinity Mobile vs Intel Ivy Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

mercurial

Level 6
Thread author
Oct 3, 2012
Hey Guys, long time no see. Was looking into buying a new budget laptop $700-$800 USD, which i will be using primarily for gaming, watching movies, music, etc (What most University students do) and a little project work here and there, nothing to processor intensive so i was wondering what would be a better choice?

AMD A-10 APU (Accelerated Proccessing Units) 4600m (Quad Core 4 Physical cores + integrated ATI Radeon 7660G + ATI Radeon 7670M( deicated) (Trinity) (Can Crossfire) vs Intel 3210M Dual core + 2 Virtual Cores + Intel HD Graphice (Ivy) + ATI Radeon 7670 M (Cannot Crossfire).

Which do you believe would do me justice? The AMD lappy is around $100-$70 cheaper then the Intel lappy.

Thanks for your time and suggestion! :)

I

illumination

The AMD will be better for your gaming needs, and as it seems you already know, will crossfire. I have been looking into the same thing myself, but actually looking into the AMD A8 quad core "little cheaper" vs the I5 and the HD 4000.

The I5 in benchmarking seems to be the stronger processor, but the AMD intergrated graphics are better/faster.

It was a hard decission for me as well, but in the end, the AMD won.

Imran

Level 1
Feb 27, 2012
AMD APU's are not compatible with everything like Windows applications and mostly with video converters....
When it comes to Media players like VLC etc(in my experience) AMD processors are not fully compatible because i have AMD Phenom 9500B Quad Core and X6 and they both are not fully compatible with most of the apps in Windows as compared to any Processor of Intel :)
But in my opinion AMD A-10 APU laptop with ATI Radeon 7660G + ATI Radeon 7670M is better because it has better Graphics :)

mercurial

Level 6
Thread author
Oct 3, 2012
illumination said:
The AMD will be better for your gaming needs, and as it seems you already know, will crossfire. I have been looking into the same thing myself, but actually looking into the AMD A8 quad core "little cheaper" vs the I5 and the HD 4000.

The I5 in benchmarking seems to be the stronger processor, but the AMD intergrated graphics are better/faster.

In per clock cycle even the lower end, will beat the AMD their x86 is to good but you wont really notice it much in real life situation unless u go into the details :p...i was into the A8 as well and then i stumbled upon A10 by accident so much better then the i5 + HD 4000 unless your into image and video editing :p

mercurial

Level 6
Thread author
Oct 3, 2012
Imran said:
AMD APU's are not compatible with everything like Windows applications and mostly with video converters....
When it comes to Media players like VLC etc(in my experience) AMD processors are not fully compatible because i have AMD Phenom 9500B Quad Core and X6 and they both are not fully compatible with most of the apps in Windows as compared to any Processor of Intel :)
But in my opinion AMD A-10 APU laptop with ATI Radeon 7660G + ATI Radeon 7670M is better because it has better Graphics :)

Idk if that is still valid, though i may be wrong. Then again check out this review :D

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/a10-5800k-a8-5600k-a6-5400k,3224.html

Imran

Level 1
Feb 27, 2012
mercurial said:
Imran said:

Idk if that is still valid, though i may be wrong. Then again check out this review :D

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/a10-5800k-a8-5600k-a6-5400k,3224.html

I'm just saying that Intel processors are more compatible with everything than AMD :)

I

illumination

mercurial said:
illumination said:

In per clock cycle even the lower end, will beat the AMD their x86 is to good but you wont really notice it much in real life situation unless u go into the details :p...i was into the A8 as well and then i stumbled upon A10 by accident so much better then the i5 + HD 4000 unless your into image and video editing :p

That's the conclusion i came to also as far as between amd & Intel, the difference being too small to be concerned with power wise. The A8 just happens to be in my price range in a particular laptop, so it will be what im going with this time around, but the A10 did hold my attention for awhile ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.