Basic Security AMD1's Security Config (2018)

AMD1

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Aug 21, 2012
Hi,
Above is my security setup to date.

I also have VoodooShield and NVTEXERadarPro (both paid versions) but could not find a help/user guide - has this been superseded by OSArmor ??

Any comments appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Nice config!

I personally recommend you add at least Zemana AntiMalware as an on-demand scanner.

As for protecting your browser I would suggest you add HTTPS Everywhere and NoScript. Can't really tell if they're available for Edge, but as well you should have a secondary browser just in case. :)

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
KTS provides solid protection but as already said you can add EEK or ZAM as second opinion scanner.
Just remember that we have also Windows Malware Removal Tool (MRT) and considering that it is updated on a monthly basis (!) why not use also it as second scanner ( it certainly detects Blaster, Sasser and Mydoom.... :rolleyes::p)

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
EEK stands for: Emsisoft Emergency Kit (Free) Emsisoft | Emergency Kit: Free Portable Malware Scan and Removal

NPE stands for: Norton Power Eraser (Free) Norton Rescue Tools

Both are great! I would recommend ZAM which stands for Zemana AntiMalware (Free) Zemana Anti-Malware | Advanced Malware Removal Software Zemana AntiMalware is great! See if you can find a key for the PRO version on MT.

Hope this helps @AMD1 ! All of these tools are on demand scanners - excellent ones too. I'd recommend that you use all of them. None of them will conflict with one another or with your current setup, because well...These tools are on demand!

~Brian

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017

We think too much a like @harlan4096 ! haha Both of these tools are great.

Personally, @AMD1 I would recommend that you add HitmanPro to your setup too. Link: HitmanPro Malware Removal Tool: Secondary Anti-Virus Scanner | Download HitmanPro 3.7

One can continue to use this program for scanning and wipe out anything that is found after the 30 day trial period is up. Once you implement everything recommend by others your security will be vastly improved.

Another tool that I would highly recommend adding to your configuration for security reasons would be Sandboxie (Free)! Read more about this tool here: Sandboxie - Sandbox software for application isolation and secure Web browsing

Explanations can be found here (while a bit older these explanations are right on) for the free version:

An Introduction and a Quick Guide to Sandboxie

Sandboxie and Sandboxing explained

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
EEK. kit emsisoft. Free. ZAM. zemana Antimalware. Free.NPE. Norton Power Eraser, free.
They serve for scans on demand

Reactions: Lightning_Brian

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.