An optimistic cybersecurity sci-fi: how would you write it?

Linna Zheng

Thread author
Feb 20, 2018
As far as I can see, news about cybersecurity tends to portray defenders on the losing side of the battle compared to attackers. I want to write an optimistic cybersecurity sci-fi where the defenders actually win - a story that can change the conversation from "Let's survive the cyber war" to "Let's win this!".

Being new to cybersecurity myself, I would love to get your perspective on what would make the story inspiring yet still grounded in reality.

Here are some questions to get the discussion started:

1. What would make the biggest difference to cybersecurity right now?
2. What are some things that need to happen to put a stop to cybercrime/cyberterrorism/cyberwarfare?
3. What kind of story would it have to be for you to want to see it? What problems would it need to address? What kind of mood/setting/characters/technology comes to mind?
4. Any existing sci-fis, upcoming security solutions, or solutions to world problems that this story can draw inspiration from?
5. What do you think of when you hear 'CyberWarriors'? What other cool titles can you think of?
6. Do you think the story needs to be interactive to have an impact? (e.g. game or choose-your-own-adventure)

Interested in co-writing the story with me? Just let me know.

Thank you!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.