LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Grab your fork and dig in: Android 9.0 Pie is here
Pie is delicious, whether it’s apple, blueberry, or pumpkin. Get ready to grab another slice, as the baked dish is the name of the next version of Android. Android 9.0 Pie is here, right out of the oven, and it’s coming to a phone near you soon.

Here’s everything that’s new in Android 9.0 Pie, and you can read more in our Android 9.0 Pie hands on. You can also take a look at our guide on downloading Android 9.0 Pie to taste it for yourself, and follow our Android update schedule guide to see when your smartphone will get the new version.

Google’s Pixel and Pixel 2 devices will receive the new version first, with Android One smartphones following towards the end of the year, as well as any other device that was eligible to partake in the Android Open Beta. After that it’s all based on when the manufacturer and carrier want to issue to update. Essential has already rolled out the 9.0 update for its only phone.

New features
Powered by artificial intelligence
Google believes strongly that your phone should be intimately yours, and should adapt to your life, rather than the other way around. Android 9.0 Pie is bringing several features powered by artificial intelligence (AI).

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

slash/

Level 6
Verified
Jun 24, 2018
@Spawn Nice collection of articles.

From the poll, I'd say text selection magnifier is the most exciting. I can't select text for the life of me. Auto-rotate on navigation bar seems annoying, and Samsung has had weather/battery in always-on display for a while now.

Reactions: ZeroDay

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I read a comment (can't remember where) about the Digital Wellbeing (beta) being way for Google to "collect more data about you", but I disagree. Android users can see their basic activity usage via My Activity (website), where it shows the date and time the app was used, and number of times. Of course it's not as comprehensive as the upcoming app, but it's not like Android users aren't already logged.
https://myactivity.google.com/myactivity?product=1
My Activity :: [Android]

Screenshot of My Activity.
1533816928249.png

On the plus side, these logged activities can be deleted from your account-related history.
1533817155579.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.