Android L vs Android KitKat

Will your phone get the Android L update?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Google recently released a Developer Preview of its latest version of Android: Android L. Though it's not final code by any stretch of the imagination, we wanted to see how it compares to Android 4.4.4 KitKat. Hit play and see what we found out.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I own a Nexus 5, so I'm getting the Android L update.... I always owned Nexus devices, so I always had the stock version of Android, and for me it looks good as it is. This new Material design looks interesting but I do prefer the current one.
On the other hand I've read that the "L" update will increase the lifetime of the battery by 30%...so that's really really something that I want!

Last edited:
Reactions: toto

VirusAttak

Level 4
Verified
Aug 31, 2014
I should retire my Galaxy s2 now, 3 years without any single issue ...going for nexus 6

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
I think google is naming the Android OS based on the menu card of their office cafeteria :p

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Thanks to Motorola, my Moto G's getting Lollipop sooner than other manufacturer's phones except Nexus ones.

VirusAttak

Level 4
Verified
Aug 31, 2014
Galaxy S2 is really very nice phone.

I am Windows Phone Lover, as i not at all customize phone, The Browsing in Windows Phone 8.1 is fabulous.
I'd like WP but I'll stuck with android it allow me do whatever i want to do with it ...just root and Bang Bang Bang !!! :D

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
I'd like WP but I'll stuck with android it allow me do whatever i want to do with it ...just root and Bang Bang Bang !!! :D

Go with a Moto G. Either the 1st or 2nd gen are good choices in my opinion. Motorola has better update support than most manufacturers so you don't have to worry about obsolete software.

Reactions: VirusAttak and Jack

VirusAttak

Level 4
Verified
Aug 31, 2014
Go with a Moto G. Either the 1st or 2nd gen are good choices in my opinion. Motorola has better update support than most manufacturers so you don't have to worry about obsolete software.
Thanks for your suggestion moto g is not for me i like to go with premium phone thats what i did 3 year ago ... now it time to change my phone i would like to go for nexus 6 or htc m8 eye maybe LG G3 , and software updates is not the problem i can flash CM or AOKP or any other custom rom to get the latest android :)

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
You should probably go for a Nexus 6 like I'm going to do. Vanilla Android is just the way to go! After using vanilla Android on my Moto G, I never looked back again.

Reactions: Jack

VirusAttak

Level 4
Verified
Aug 31, 2014
Yeah. i hate the way manufacturers heavily skin it. it only slow down device and eat ram ...Vanilla Android is beautiful and Latest android L is even more beautiful i love material design

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.