Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Hello,

I'm guessing many are smartphone or tablet users, but this is mainly regarding the mobile OS for the smartphone.

1. Which mobile OS do you prefer and use?
2. How long have you been using it?
3. And, has the hardware supported the (if any) OS updates?
4. Write a few Pro's and Con's regarding it.

Shall be adding a poll, would be great to know your thoughts and opinions.

Also be great to know what Brand is reliable, because I'm in search of a phone that will last at least 24 months where no upgrades are available except OTA updates.

Thanks for any feedback. :D

Z

ZeroDay

I've used Android, WP, Blackberry and now I'm using IOS and have been for around a year. I consider IOS to be far superior compared to the others. When Apple roll out an update it's immediately available across most of their devices barring the very old ones (iPhone 3) With IOS I find everything just works, it runs smooth, ITunes is a dream to use and performing a complete backup and then restoring that backup is a breeze. I find everything on IOS to be more mature.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
1. I prefer and use Android :D
2. Using it since 1 year and 3 months
3. A Nexus device is the best option. Upgrades to newer OS versions are rapid, and they are supported for a long period of time. There is no bloatware that are on the non Nexus devices and the best of all is their price if they are sold through Google Play. :D If you choose a non Nexus device, there are usually Custom ROMs which provide a very good experience, but there is a risk of voiding the warranty and bricking the device. But why choose the risky road when there are Nexus devices available?
4. I will have a quick tour and will post them (hopefully I will remember :D)

I would recommend to get the Nexus 4.

souhrid

Level 5
Jun 29, 2012
I used android phone for 1 year,also used Windows os,surely will go for android,the problem for Windows is that you will find difficulty in finding appropriate apps,never owned an Apple device,only used friends iPhone,so can't comment about it

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
4. Here are the Pros and Cons from my point of view. :D
Pros:
  • App integration is way beyond iOS (not sure about Windows Phone). If for example I want to share a link on the Google+ app, you can't do it on iOS. You have to copy the link and paste it in the app.
  • You have the choice to make your favourite app (eg. a 3rd party Web Browser) the default app :D (this one seems silly but it is surprisingly not possible on iOS and WP)
  • Mass Storage with Read/Write (WP has it too, iOS only photos, videos - Read only).

Cons:
  • Maybe a bit confusing when using for the first time, but you can easily get used to it.

Earth, can I know for what will you use the phone? I remember you are coming from Symbian, so I think any of those three operating systems will make you happy. :D

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I'm only going off what I have used more of, which has to be Android. People might say Android get's more malware and iPhone doesn't which I like about Apple, but just off quick playing around with Apple and Android it would have to be Android. Never tried a Windows Phone, so I'm not saying anything about it.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
My phones been off for the past week, haven't charged it (yet).

But I will probably use the new phone for general phone things. :)

WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
Earth, can I know for what will you use the phone? I remember you are coming from Symbian, so I think any of those three operating systems will make you happy. :D

*checks Poll*, not many votes.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
OK, thanks for the comments. I've made my decision, but I'll leave this open for discussion for others to use. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.