Battle Android vs. iPhone

A

Alkajak

Thread author
Looking at a few Android phones right now. Mostly LG and Sony are catching my eye, the rest of the brands seem to be on the decline. My Note 4 is almost at life's end after just 10 months, and I can confidently say I will not be looking into Samsung again.

So the question at hand, especially with more and more Android security issues arising with their OS changes, is do I make the jump? Are iPhones as good as they are marketed to be? I'm well aware that they are technologically behind out-of-box, but their OS mitigates that con by being incredibly smooth to use.

I use my smartphone for 4+ hours per day and I have been on Android for almost 10 years now.

This will be a $800+ purchase, so serious responses please.

rigor

Level 2
Verified
May 20, 2016
I'm pretty much decided on the iPhone, but the 6S. The 7's rumoured headphone-thunderbolt port is pretty ridiculous to me. The lack of a 3.5mm headphone jack is an odd design change.

I will NEVER buy a phone that uses something like a thunderbolt port instead of 3.5mm, and rumors say it is going to be ONE thunderbolt port on the iPhone 7. How are you going to listen to music and charge the phone at the same time, wth apple? Oh wait, lets sell adapters.

rigor

Level 2
Verified
May 20, 2016
"We highly recommend (and shamelessly plug) $300 Beats wireless/Bluetooth headphones."

Another money grab. I get the "thinner phone" concept, but at what cost?

That is most likely the reason. But what if I don't want to spend $300 on bluetooth headphones? Cheaper bluetooth headpones aren't good at all. And making it thinner?... iPhone 6 bendgate all over again?

Reactions: Alkajak

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
That is most likely the reason. But what if I don't want to spend $300 on bluetooth headphones? Cheaper bluetooth headpones aren't good at all. And making it thinner?... iPhone 6 bendgate all over again?
They must altleast give a pair of those for free. Since its a flagship none will mind about freebies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.