Operating system
Windows 11
Log-in security
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Windows Defender and "Hard_Configurator ".
SpyShelter Firewall (pro) "Auto allow High security level "
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
About custom security
Mainly default settings with some tweaks
Periodic malware scanners
Malwarebytes pro On demand
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Bitwarden, and Ublock Origin medium Mode /Edge Browser (Two Profiles)
Eloston chromium browser with CRX for Ublock Origin (hard mode)
Maintenance tools
Windows Storage sense and Disk clean up
File and Photo backup
OneDrive
System recovery
Windows built in
Risk factors
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Browsing to popular websites
Computer specs
Windows 10 Pro/64 (20H2)/ Intel Core i7 /SSD/HP

ANNOx

Level 2
Thread author
Sep 26, 2020
Ulock Origin with

a 1Hosts (mini)
b)🍚 Extremely Condensed Adblocking List
c) Dandelion Sprout's Annoying Banners and Overlays List
d) AdGuard Annoyances
e) uBlock filters – Annoyances
f) AdGuard Base

Removed ... Online Malicious URL Blocklist and EasyList

Just Using two extensions Cookies AutoDelete and Ublock Origin medium mode
There is no perfect way... if they want to get you they will.. trust me . Best option is to blend in with the crowd
Using Winrar encryption and Bitlocker

Last edited:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@ANNOx:

You may use Hard_Configurator or Simple_Windows_Hardening tools to enhance W10 protection, or alternatively use a tool such as Voodoo Shield.

In Backup and Restore, You may add a full Image System BackUp solution: Macrium Reflect Free or AOEMI Backupper, both are free and reliable.

In Periodic Scanners, You may add EmsiSoft Emergengy Kit and/or HitManPro Free.

A PassWord Manager would be welcome also.

Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here, thanks for sharing :)

ANNOx

Level 2
Thread author
Sep 26, 2020
@ANNOx:

You may use Hard_Configurator or Simple_Windows_Hardening tools to enhance W10 protection, or alternatively use a tool such as Voodoo Shield.

In Backup and Restore, You may add a full Image System BackUp solution: Macrium Reflect Free or AOEMI Backupper, both are free and reliable.

In Periodic Scanners, You may add EmsiSoft Emergengy Kit and/or HitManPro Free.

A PassWord Manager would be welcome also.

Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here, thanks for sharing :)
I am using ''Hard_Configurator" and using windows backup . Don't like using external tools .Thanks for your suggestions .Using Keepass and Bitwarden

ANNOx

Level 2
Thread author
Sep 26, 2020
Removed Cookies AutoDelete and using browser built in settings . Using Bitwarden and Ublock Origin only on medium Mode (Edge Browser ) . Trying to use few extensions as possible .
Using Eloston chromium browser with CRX for Ublock Origin (hard mode ) for social media only .
Testing SpyShelter Firewall (pro) "Auto allow High security level " . Since i hardly install any unknown software i should be fine with this mode . I am quite new to SpyShelter firewall and still learning different security settings to lock it down for usability and decent security .

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.